Work Location: FACE Office / Remote work with target markets across Canada.
People Manager : Yes
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Director, Communications and Stakeholder Engagement, serves as a key strategist working closely with the CEO, the Executive Team, senior leadership and key stakeholders to proactively identify community engagement and communications opportunities and risks.
This position provides strategic direction on all matters that impact corporate reputation and position within the economic sector and in the public sphere.
This includes creating communications and engagement strategies for key stakeholders including staff, clients, regional communities, government, partners, and other agencies; crisis and issues management; media relations; reputation management, branding and marketing and digital communications (social, web and media engagement). The Director also coordinates the strategic engagement with community organizations to promote economic development and entrepreneurship and supports effective government relations as it relates to the communication portfolio in collaboration with members of the Executive Team.
Overview of Responsibilities:
• Creating a best-in-class communications and engagement function by developing a short-term, mid-term and long-term roadmap for evolving existing communications programs, initiatives, approaches, and measure metrics.
• Providing strategic counsel to the CEO and senior leadership within the organization on all matters related to communications and stakeholder engagement.
• Develop partner networks and strategic partnerships in North America, primarily in Canada.
• Using method driven approaches and processed to drive results through partnerships.
• Develop and implement a partnership strategy to increase the reach and impact of our ongoing efforts in advancing FACE's focus areas.
• Coordinate the management of ongoing relationships with existing partners and where relevant, leverage those relationships to greater collective impact.
• Conceptualize and initiate new strategic initiatives that could be built around or benefit from corporate, foundation, government, bilateral organizations, or other partnerships.
• In conjunction with members of the Executive Team, expand and diversify the funding base/pipeline to increase FACE's major initiatives and existing collaborations.
• Leading, engaging internal staff and team of professionals to deliver communication strategies related to key organizational initiatives.
• As a seasoned communications professional preferably with experience in the business sector, this candidate must have a broad understanding of economic barriers and how they impact Black communities.
• Master's Degree in Communications / Public Relations
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in Communications, Public Relations or progressively more complex roles. These should include involvement, at an executive leadership level, in strategic communications, planning and delivering of a range of corporate communications and stakeholder engagement within a large, complex, multi-site organization, delivering service throughout several locations with multiple partners and stakeholders.
• Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
• Proven ability to write clearly and concisely with excellent listening and verbal skills.
• Strong negotiation, presentation, reporting, organizational, interpersonal, creative problem-solving and collaborative skills
• Analytical, curious mindset with the ability to manage details and filter out extraneous data.
• Strong time management with ability to proactively manage deadlines, treat with obstacles, develop effective solutions/ recommendations and work within a dynamic environment
• Well versed with Microsoft Office Suite / applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Bilingual (French & English) will be an asset.
This position will remain open untill the position is filled. Recruitment is ongoing and applications will be reviewed as they are received.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Federation of African Canadian Economics
FACE is a national and bilingual Black-led non-profit organisation focused on providing resources and information to the Black community across Canada with the aim of accelerating wealth creation for Canadians of African descent.
In partnership with the Federal Government of Canada, FACE created a Black Entrepreneurship Loan Fund to help Black business owners with access to capital investments, working capital, or additional business resources for expansion. FACE has several other major partners that help further the mission of providing Black Canadians with the necessary resources, knowledge, and confidence to not only operate successfully as Black entrepreneurs but to thrive as a community across the nation.