Work Location: Flexible within Atlantic Canada with occasional travel to Moncton, NB (Office, Remote or Hybrid from Atlantic Canada)
Atlantic Lottery (AL) is looking for a Director of Marketing to lead a team of marketing and communication professionals responsible for execution of all marketing functions including marketing campaigns, technology, and operations, as well as all operational aspects of marketing initiatives of the business. As the Director of Marketing, you will report directly to the VP of Brand & Communications and be their trusted partner in designing and executing effective marketing strategies to achieve AL's business goals.
This is a high-impact role where you will be a key player in the decision-making process of our brand evolution, marketing execution/tech, customer growth, leadership and campaign management. You are always current on industry best practices, spearheading the continuous improvement and ongoing success of all marketing programs, ensuring the performance and optimization of the marketing team's effectiveness in guiding AL's commercial efforts. This role is centralized and requires leadership, collaboration and influence across multiple departments.
Posting will remain open until the position is filled.
What you'll do
Enterprise Leadership: You will contribute to strategy and operational leadership on matters related to all aspects of operations while jointly accountable for the identification and implementation of corporate strategies, plans and actions required to achieve the vision, as well as financial and operational goals and success metrics of the division.
Marketing Strategy: You will lead the overall go to market strategy for product and channel marketing leveraging both traditional and digital marketing strategies. Prioritization of initiatives to deliver on corporate strategy and KPIs as well as compliance with privacy and legal policies.
People Management: You will provide effective leadership, coaching, guidance, and support for employees to reach their full potential and monitor and evaluate their performance; create a culture of coaching through consistent feedback and mentoring; broaden thinking, identify strengths and development needs to develop current and future leaders where succession planning is top of mind.
Process Improvement: You will be responsible to ensure the team is working to identify opportunities for digitization and process management to drive efficiencies and improve our services.
Campaign Management: You will be responsible for overseeing the development for key campaign and programs, reporting dashboards, workflow tools, documentation, and tracking.
Budget Management: You will lead the administration of a multi-million-dollar marketing budget, ensuring tracking and measurement of Return of Investment (ROI).
Marketing Tech: You will be responsible for the oversight of AL's marketing technology, which includes the definition, automation, and streamlining of marketing operation processes, transitioning them from mere marketing strategies into real marketing assets, as well as oversight and continuous improvement of tools that are necessary in the planning and execution of successful, broad, and highly targeted campaigns.
Optimization: You will be responsible for guiding the team in continuously testing and evaluating marketing tactics and strategies in the acquisition, monetization, and retention of new customers, for example through the setting up of A/B test programs.
Vendor Relationships: Oversee and participate in identifying, selecting, engaging, and managing vendor relationships.
What you'll need
Education and Experience:
- 7+ years experience of applicable digital, traditional, and experiential marketing experience while leading and developing teams.
- Diploma and/or Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, or communications.
- Successful track record in senior marketing roles and creating marketing campaigns.
- Experience managing vendor partnerships while exercising good judgment with a high standard of integrity.
- Strong business experience in reviewing and developing marketing plans, marketing materials and collateral.
- Strong track record of understanding market dynamics/trends and responding in a pro-active manner to assure achievement of business objectives.
- Resiliency in stressful situations and willing to occasionally work beyond regular business hours.
- Must be 19 years of age or older to apply.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and decision-making skills.
- Proven ability to analyze, plan and manage budgets/promotions.
- Big picture thinker that has the drive to bring great ideas to life.
- Inspirational leadership with demonstrated ability to manage and elevate staff skillset to perform their accountabilities and to generate results.
- Executive presence with outstanding communication skills with an ability to craft and communicate vision.
- Ability to exercise good judgment with a high standard of integrity.
- Creative problem solver comfortable with ground-breaking fast-growth strategies and innovative business models.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) experience
- Google Analytics experience
- Extended health coverage that includes medical, dental, and vision.
- Basic life insurance, disability, and wellness programs.
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan.
- Four weeks of vacation annually (pro-rated) plus one week of management leave (pro-rated).
- Three personal leave days per year.
- Two volunteer days per year.
- Short-term incentive program based on personal and corporate performance.
- Career advancement opportunities.
Recruitment Process: The last couple of years has accelerated change across our workplace, including our hiring practices! As a result, throughout your application process, you may be asked to connect with us virtually, and may not be required to meet in-person. All interviews are conducted in English, our working language, unless otherwise stated.
Internal Employees: Internal Employees interested in this opportunity must be in "good standing," which entails meeting expectations on their previous performance review. Performance Improvement plans, disciplinary action memos, attendance, training and other performance related memos will be taken into consideration as well, when determining the applicant's "good standing" status.
A little bit about us
Our players have been having fun and "dreaming big" since 1976 when Atlantic Lottery started offering lottery games on behalf of the governments of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador and Prince Edward Island. The game options have grown and changed over the years and so has our workforce! Today's Atlantic Lottery has more than 600 employees, who are the heart and soul of our business. We offer everything from dare-to-dream draw games to online bingo; breakopen tickets to sports wagering; and games in social settings and on the internet. With games come winners - big and small wins every day - but the best thing about lottery games is that when you choose to play with us, everyone benefits. 100% of our profits go back into our communities. That feels good! #ProudToBeAL
We are proud, gritty, community-minded, and punch above our weight. Being Atlantic Canadian means that we work hard and we know how to have fun. It also means that we genuinely care for each other as co-workers, neighbours, and friends.
Now that you can work from anywhere, your best life is waiting in Atlantic Canada. At Atlantic Lottery, you can choose to live and work in any of our four Atlantic provinces. Explore living East:
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background/educational checks prior to employment.