The Director, Computer Services provides hands on expertise and knowledge for the continuous delivery of academic and administrative computer services to the university community. In addition, the Director, Computer Services keeps up to date on the latest trends in computer and information technology to make recommendations to accomplish the goals and objectives of the University. The Director, Computer Services oversees the maintenance, system documentation, security and support of all computer systems within the University.
What you'll do
- Ensuring that all of NSCAD's core information technology systems and infrastructure operate optimally on a continuous basis and that adequate computing resources are available to the entire University community.
- Maintenance of NSCAD data security and data integrity (date back-ups, software upgrades and updates, etc.).
- Maintaining robust system documentation including all of ERP processes and protocols, back-up processes, etc.
- Maintenance and support of NSCAD's information technology framework-computers, software, peripherals, internet connectivity and data services.
- Password management policy development and implementation and associated staff communication and training.
- Ensuring NSCAD meets privacy regulations with respect to electronic data security.
- Ensuring that NSCAD has well documented and tested information technology disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Developing a comprehensive inventory of all NSCAD owned information technology equipment/software including serial numbers, age, model etc and develop associated asset management policies.
- Manage web hosting services - report and analyze web analytics, provide web training and provide leadership for web improvements.
- Further develop partnerships with other Atlantic Universities to collaborate on optimal pricing for hardware/software and shred service opportunities for NSCAD.
- Budget management for the Computer Services Department.
What you'll need
The Director, Computer Services, will have a Bachelors degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent. Five years of progressive management experience, with proven track record of building a highly collaborative team, preferably in a university environment. Demonstrated experience in providing technical hardware and software support service to a range of personal computer equipment in Microsoft, Mac - Apple and ERP environments. Must understand and be able to implement effective information technology practices and solutions in an open and collaborative networking environment. Experience in a university or other post-secondary institution along with Ellucian Colleague software is an asset. In addition, the Director, Computer Services must have excellent oral and written communication skills and a proactive attitude towards problem solving.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
NSCAD University (Nova Scotia College of Art and Design) is one of Canada's oldest independent cultural institutions and regarded as a principal center for education and research in visual culture in North America. NSCAD University offers graduate and undergraduate degrees in fine and media arts, craft, design, art history, art education and critical studies, as well as an ambitious array of Extended Studies courses. NSCAD University alumni are among the world's most highly regarded artists, gallery directors, designers, curators and art educators.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Applications should be sent via the CareerBeacon website. Applications should include a cover letter and detailed CV.
Deadline for applications: The University will begin considering applicants on January 3rd, 2021 and continue until the position is filled. We appreciate all applicants, however only those selected to move forward in the competition will be contacted.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority in this search. NSCAD University is committed to employment equity and values a diverse and inclusive workplace.