Closing Date: March 1, 2024 at 4:00 PM
STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING OFFICE
The Strategic Communications & Marketing Office (SCM) plays a significant role in supporting the university's strategic vision, direction, and mission. It is a bi-campus team responsible for advancing and elevating UNB's reputation through insight-focused and performance-driven brand leadership, communications, marketing, public relations, creative services, media relations and issues management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Full-time | Continuing | Bi-Campus | Hybrid
UNB is committed to ensuring employees can maintain a healthy work-life balance. As such, we are proud to support a hybrid work approach, which includes flexible hours and work-from-home options.
Standard Work Hours: Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
Additional Working Conditions:
- Must be willing to travel between campuses in Fredericton and Saint John.
Salary Range: $45,299 - $56,624 per annum
Reporting to the Digital Specialist, the Digital Coordinator creates engaging digital media content, contributing to UNB's institutional social media account. This position also provides advice, guidance, training and support to facilities and units in support of the university's communication and marketing strategy.
- Collaborate with creative services, communications, and strategic partners to coordinate the production of digital media content.
- Create, edit, publish and promote engaging, compelling and authentic digital content aligned with UNB strategic directives.
- Contribute to the measurement, optimization, and management of UNB's social media accounts.
- Provide guidance and support to ensure consistency in messaging and representation of the university across social media channels.
- Provide recommendations based on industry insights to improve and innovate digital marketing efforts.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Post-secondary degree in marketing, communications, public relations, business, social sciences or related field.
- 1 - 3 years of experience in marketing, communications, graphic design or digital media production.
- Recent experience with all major social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube and TikTok) is required.
- Relationship-building, diplomacy and communication skills.
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
University of New Brunswick
The University of New Brunswick employs more than 3,200 full- and part-time staff, including faculty, support staff and students. UNB values people and we have proudly been named as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2024 and one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers for 2023.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
WHY CHOOSE UNB?
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
ADMINISTRATIVE, PROFESSIONAL AND TECHNICAL GROUP (APT)
This position is part of the non-union Administrative, Professional and Technical (APT) group.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
We thank all who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.