Some would say we're in the pension business. We like to say we're in the people business. One that focuses on creating an inclusive and diverse culture for everyone who comes through our doors. One that puts our 55,000 members at the heart of everything we do because they deserve nothing less than a secure, stable future to build upon. One that can include YOU.
Who we are:
Provident10 is the largest pension plan in Newfoundland and Labrador and one of the largest pension plans in Atlantic Canada - representing 1 in 9 Newfoundlanders and Labradorians. Our team proudly oversees the pension administration and investment management of the $10 billion Public Service Pension Plan Fund.
Modern. Focused. People Centric. The foundation for our vision.
For us that means creating a seamless experience for members and a positive culture for our employees; ensuring the organization remains efficient and agile, as we continue to make smart investments for growth - all while embracing technology and ensuring a consistent experience for our members.
What it's like to work at Provident10
We're proud to have been named one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers in 2023, for the second year in a row! We earned the designation by focusing on elevating the employee experience and making Provident10 a great place to work.
We're committed to offering a total rewards program to employees, including:
- Membership in a defined benefit pension plan with employer matched contributions. Vested members of the Public Service Pension Plan can rest assured knowing that they will receive a predictable retirement income for life, without having to worry if their benefits will run out or be terminated
- Comprehensive health and dental plan, including new initiatives driven by a health & wellness committee, like in-house vaccination clinics and mental health support programs
- Learning and development program focused on supporting employees in reaching their career goals
- Maternity leave top-up program for new and expecting parents
- Performance management program with the potential for annual salary increases and a short-term incentive
- Progressive annual leave program with a minimum of 15 paid days
We are inviting applications from highly motivated individuals for the permanent role of Digital Communications Advisor. Reporting to the Director of Stakeholder Relations, you will assist in designing and delivering strategic, comprehensive, integrated communication plans and tactics that enhance transparency and engagement with members and stakeholders. As the Digital Communications Advisor, you will support the evolution of Provident10's digital presence and member engagement strategy through the design of user experiences, creation of content and monitor engagement.
Your key activities will include:
- Assisting with the strategic development of the organization's digital strategy and annual communication and engagement plan
- Monitoring and maintaining Provident10's digital communication channels, including the website, secure portals, webinars, email marketing platforms and social media applications
- Assisting in the development and implementation of digital programs to educate members and enhance financial literacy amongst key stakeholders
- Researching and informing Provident10's approach to trends and issues within the global digital marketing landscape
- Monitoring and reporting on digital performance metrics through standard dashboards and/or ad-hoc reports
- Conducting keyword research and analysis to help inform content creation and communications across multiple online channels
- Writing, designing, and editing engaging and informative content for stakeholders, liaising with colleagues to ensure accuracy and consistency with Provident10's overall brand and strategic plan
What you'll bring to the role
- Successful completion of a degree or diploma in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, or a related field supplemented by a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience. Equivalencies will be considered
- Experience in managing and measuring campaigns on Google AdWords, Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other digital channels
- You have a demonstrated knowledge of graphic design principles
- Thorough understanding of technologies and tools specific to the development of online materials
- Ability to take technical and complex information and distill it to key messages that make sense for the audience
- A great sense of initiative and rigorous attention for detail as we as the ability to work independently and in a team
Salary Range: $75,000 - $105,200
Application Deadline: February 20, 2023
Provident10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and celebrates the differences that every individual brings. While only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted, we extend our appreciation to all applicants for your interest.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Financial management and future planning is evolving, and Newfoundland and Labrador has changed with it. In December 2014, the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador (GNL) and the five largest unions in the province announced a Joint Sponsorship Agreement to create an independent pension entity, Provident10. We deliver plan administration services and oversee management of the $10 billion Public Service Pension Plan (the Plan) investment portfolio. We are proud to govern the largest pension plan in the province with over 55,000 members. Learn more about the Plan, our investment strategy, and working with us here.