Become a member of the GEM family! We offer an inclusive and welcoming work environment with competitive benefits and plenty of learning opportunities. At GEM we strive to provide the best care, service, and quality of life for our residents in a safe, dignified, home-like environment. From cooking to administering medication, our staff is both the foundation and the face of our business.
What you'll do
- Serving meals to residents
- Cleaning dining room after meals
- Dish washing
- Handling special diets
- Preparing snacks
- Working as a part of our team in order to maintain a clean, healthy environment for our clients
- Completing quality housekeeping and laundry services that meet our standards
- Providing individualized service to each client, ensuring they meet or exceed their expectations
- Ensuring client confidentiality stays enforced
What you'll need
- Minimum of 1-year experience preferred
- Ability to work a schedule of flexible hours/ shifts inclusive of days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Food Handlers Course preferred but not required
- High School/ GED completion
- Previous experience working with seniors would be an asset
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
GEM Health Care Group
GEM Health Care Group is a Nova Scotian, family run business which has been enhancing the lives of seniors in the communities where they operate since 1979.
We continue to remain a leader in transforming how health care is delivered to seniors in Nova Scotia and we strive to provide the best care, service, and quality of life for our residents in a safe, dignified, home-like environment.
GEM currently operates various levels of seniors' care facilities throughout Nova Scotia, Ontario, and in Hollywood, Florida.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Salary: From $17.00 per hour
Job type: Casual