The Chapman Group is happy to support one of our amazing clients the Saint John Regional Hospital Foundation in finding their new Development Assistant.
At the Saint John Regional Hospital Foundation, we believe in the power of community and the ability to inspire generosity creating a healthier future for New Brunswickers. Reporting to the President and Chief Executive Officer of the Saint John Regional Hospital Foundation, the Development Assistant will oversee administrative aspects of fundraising, donor relations and help manage relationships.
The successful candidate is an energetic professional who doesn't mind wearing multiple hats. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative duties and executive support-related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Well organized, flexible, and enjoys the administrative and relationship building opportunities involved in supporting an office of diverse people.
What you'll do
• Work closely with the CEO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
• Create a welcoming environment by greeting guests, answering phone calls, directing visitors, and responding to inquiries
• Schedule and maintain the calendar of the President & CEO, including adding events, rescheduling appointments, and providing daily briefings
• Act as a liaison and provide support to the Board of Directors. Arrange and handle all logistics for Board and Committee meetings and events: schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials; and record meeting minutes on behalf of the President & CEO and Board Chair
• Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding Board matters
• Work with the Executive Team to coordinate the President and CEO's outreach activities, perform data entry and generate reports supporting donor relations
• Follow up on contacts made by the President & CEO to cultivate ongoing relationships
• Replenish office materials such as coffee, water, printer, paper, and office supplies
• Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment and IT requests
• Support employees' queries regarding office management issues
• Coordinate all Executive Team meetings and assist with staff meetings and events
What you'll need
• Significant executive or administrative support experience, including supporting C-level executives
• Non-profit board experience or understanding of the Saint John Regional Hospital is highly preferred
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office with ability to design and edit graphic presentations and materials
• Technical proficiency and problem-solving skills related to IT support and troubleshooting
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
• High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, senior executives, staff, community leaders, donors, and partners
• Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time
• Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance
• Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround
• Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
• Minimum of 5 years related experience
• High school diploma or GED certificate
Note: The salary range for this role is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
The Chapman Group
The Chapman Group is happy to support our client with this recruitment.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
What We Have to Offer You
• A commitment to a team culture of high performance and innovative thinking
• Flexible workplace
• Comprehensive health and wellness benefits
• Matching RRSP contribution program