With the number of libraries, frameworks, tools and services a developer needs to understand and use to build a modern application, it’s amazing anything works.
As the first member of the developer relations team at Manifold, you’ll show developers how to untangle the mess of dependencies that comprise a modern application. You’ll bring these developers together, build deep relationships with them and act as an ambassador for their feedback within Manifold. GraphQL, CockroachDB, and Kafka may not be things you are familiar with, but you definitely just Googled them because you have an insatiable curiosity. You’re methodical and organized, because when you sit at the inflection point between product, engineering and marketing—everyone wants a slice of your attention.
Previous experience in Developer Advocacy is a plus, but if you’ve contributed to a major open-source project, worked in product at a developer services company, or just bring unparalleled passion and enthusiasm to this space then please, apply.
What you'll do
- Be an explorer: venture into uncharted waters, discover new technologies and share your findings
- Be an educator: create and maintain blog posts, documentation, and rich media content that both entertain and educate, inspiring existing and future users
- Be the voice of our developer: gather, distill and disseminate the needs of our developers to product and engineering
- Be the test dummy: find and report our rough edges, so our users don’t have to
- Be the rubber duck: be a sounding board for product and development
What you'll need
- Experience in a senior developer advocacy, product or engineering role
- Experience building applications and/or APIs with third-party cloud services
- Proficiency in at least one dynamic language
- Experience with Git, GitHub, and the command-line
- Experience with technical writing and presentations
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30%
- Superb listening skills
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Outstanding success as an evangelist, community manager, product manager, or CTO
- Experience working on a third-party cloud service
- Experience working on an open-source project in large established community as a leader or contributor
We're looking for
A little bit about us
At Manifold, we help developers discover and use innovative tools and technologies; so you can focus on building, not managing, your applications. Each new cloud service we use today introduces complexity in the form of another bill, account to manage, credential to secure, and code to deploy.
Manifold allows you to build and offer cloud services to developers without having to worry about billing, identity, and credential distribution (An example of one such service: JawsDB).
We're a small, remote-friendly venture-backed company based in Halifax, Canada with teams in Toronto and San Francisco. With a shared passion for making developers lives easier and our backgrounds reflect that, having worked at the likes of Red Hat, Heroku, and Salesforce.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We believe in having people work from where they are most productive. If that happens to be in our offices in Halifax, Nova Scotia, or in San Francisco, welcome! We'd love to have you. If you are remote, you are also welcome! We don't actually need you to be in North America, as the job summary specifies, but we do prefer candidates who are roughly within 4 hours of the US Eastern Time Zone.
We offer competitive compensation and equity opportunities, with additional perks such as a professional development allowance.