With the number of libraries, frameworks, tools and services a developer needs to understand and use to build a modern application, it's amazing anything works.
As the first member of the developer relations team at Manifold, you'll show developers how to untangle the mess of dependencies that comprise a modern application. You'll bring these developers together, build deep relationships with them and act as an ambassador for their feedback within Manifold. GraphQL, CockroachDB, and Kafka may not be things you are familiar with, but you definitely just Googled them because you have an insatiable curiosity. You're methodical and organized, because when you sit at the inflection point between product, engineering and marketing-everyone wants a slice of your attention.
Previous experience in Developer Advocacy is a plus, but if you've contributed to a major open-source project, worked in product at a developer services company, or just bring unparalleled passion and enthusiasm to this space then please, apply.
What you'll do
- Be an explorer: venture into uncharted waters, discover new technologies and share your findings
- Be an educator: create and maintain blog posts, documentation, and rich media content that both entertain and educate, inspiring existing and future users
- Be the voice of our developer: gather, distill and disseminate the needs of our developers to product and engineering
- Be the test dummy: find and report our rough edges, so our users don't have to
- Be the rubber duck: be a sounding board for product and development
What you'll need
- Experience in a senior developer advocacy, product or engineering role
- Experience building applications and/or APIs with third-party cloud services
- Proficiency in at least one dynamic language
- Experience with Git, GitHub, and the command-line
- Experience with technical writing and presentations
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30%
- Superb listening skills
- Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Outstanding success as an evangelist, community manager, or product manager
- Experience working on a third-party cloud service
- Experience working on an open-source project in large established community as a leader or contributor
We're looking for
A little bit about us
We're a venture-backed company that is distributed around North America. Our home base is Halifax, Nova Scotia. We have a shared passion for making developers' lives easier. Our backgrounds reflect that, having worked at npm, Red Hat, Heroku, LinkedIn, Canonical, and more.
- flexible working hours
- 15 days of vacation your first year that you will be encouraged to use
- statutory/federal holidays, plus the whole company takes the last week of the year off
- yearly professional development allowance of $2,000 towards education, training, conferences, or any education tool that helps your career
- excellent health, vision, and dental insurance for you and your family that starts on your first day of work
- health and wellness allowance
- home office allowance for remote workers
- up to 16 weeks fully paid maternity or paternity leave after one year at Manifold, with additional 8 weeks of unpaid leave if necessary
- use of a laptop, large monitor, and equipment for everyone, remote or at our office
If you're in the United States, we also offer 401(k) for pre-tax retirement savings, although contributions are unmatched at this early stage in the company's growth.
We care about our code of conduct and ask all of our employees to abide by it.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We believe in having people work from where they are most productive. If that happens to be in our offices in Halifax, Nova Scotia, or in San Francisco, welcome! We'd love to have you. If you are remote, you are also welcome! We don't actually need you to be in North America, as the job summary specifies, but we do prefer candidates who are roughly within 4 hours of the US Eastern Time Zone.