This role will operate as the first point of contact when reporting issues to the Helpdesk. The
individual in this role will also be responsible for computer setups, IT orientations, and supporting the rest of the IT team on a range of services and systems.
What you'll do
- Setup, and install end user desktops, laptops, printers, VoIP phones, and mobile devices.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of workstation, printer, email, phone, and some basic network issues.
- Serve as the primary point of contact within the Helpdesk, coordinating issues with higher levels of support until issue resolution.
- Carry out onboarding new employees and temporary workers/consulting resources, including all devices, accounts, and related IT training.
- Track assets and ensure they are assigned in accordance with company policies.
- Identify Solutions to common problems and format/document/publish how-to guides and related knowledgebase documentation.
- Carry out administrative functions within Active Directory such as managing user accounts, group memberships, permissions, etc.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties, as assigned.
What you'll need
- Diploma or degree in Information Technology.
- Experience with various iterations of the following products:
- Windows Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office 365
Understanding of Active Directory, Group Policy.
Understanding of Network theory and protocols.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as excellent customer service orientation.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Ability to conduct self-directed research to understand and resolve emergent issues.
Self-motivated and able to work in a team environment.
Must be able to obtain Government of Canada security clearance.
Must have driver's license and own vehicle.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Training & Simulation
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. (BTS) operates within the defense and aerospace industry where it designs and develops highly specialized, high performance, tactical training for front line operators of equipment working in complex environments and high-risk situations. This includes, training systems needs analysis, custom courseware development, virtual simulation training devices, and ongoing training support for in service support. Typical customers include Tier one OEMs such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. We offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We just hire the best….