Crosbie provides multi-discipline fabric maintenance support services and deck services to the Offshore Oil and Gas Industry. Our scope of services includes: scaffolding, coatings, insulation, passive fire and blast protection, composite pipe repair, positive pressure habitats, industrial cleaning, deck and crane operations, radio operations and rigging and slinging.
We have an immediate need for qualified Deck Operatives -Ad Hoc for work offshore NL.
What you'll do
- Perform banksman and slinging duties as part of the deck crew team;
- Direct crane operations using radio and/or hand signals;
- Ensure material distribution is executed as directed and all offloaded cargo is put onsite or placed in the correct storage area;
- Complete baggage handling for helicopter operations;
- Participate in helicopter refuelling;
- Assist with the general upkeep of the platform including housekeeping duties; and
- Follow safe working practices and promote safety awareness.
What you'll need
- Minimum of 3-5 Years' experience in deck/crane activities;
- Fully trained with current certificates in:
- Fall Protection
- H2S Alive
- Helideck Team Training
- Helicopter Pressure Refueling
- Working knowledge of all aspects of deck operations;
- Demonstrated safety leadership;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills; and
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
A little bit about us
As a 4th generation family business, Crosbie is a leader in the offshore oil & gas, marine construction, and commercial and residential real estate markets. A growth-oriented company, Crosbie is both focused on its core markets and investing in new and emerging sectors.
With its head office located in St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, Crosbie have additional locations in the Maritimes, the United States and Guyana.
Having been in business for well over a century, Crosbie has continuously adapted to changing industry demands. Safely providing superior client-focused solutions, Crosbie merges world-class expertise with local, deeply held values.
Crosbie is part of Best Managed Companies, Canada's leading business award program that recognizes excellence by privately-owned Canadian companies. Annually, hundreds of entrepreneurial companies compete for this designation in a rigorous process. Crosbie has successfully received this highly competitive designation each year since 2015, an acknowledgment of the company's exceptional business performance in a fast-changing world.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Crosbie is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
If you require this job advertising in an alternate format or require accessibility supports to complete your application, please contact us immediately or contact our community partners at Inclusion NL to access the supports you require. ([email protected] or 709-697-3323).