Dash Hudson is a smarter way to market through photo and video. Our visual intelligence platform provides brands with the a one-stop solution to create, source, measure, and enhance the engagement of their photos and videos.
Dash Hudson works with the raddest, most discerning brands and publishers in the world.
As a Data Scientist, you will work with our incredible dev team to develop analytical approaches to meet business requirements.
In case you were wondering, a little bit more about our team and products:
- Currently a team of around 50 across development, sales, and marketing with offices in Halifax, NY, and Miami.
- We're a diverse team of guys and girls from around the world.
- We have a small but very productive engineering team of 10 based here in Halifax. We build beautiful, functional products that customers love.
- Our marketing platform is the best-in-class competing with the biggest companies in the marketing software industry.
- We have a big vision for the future of visual intelligence. We want you to be part of it.
- Our current stack includes Python, Flask, Celery, Docker, Redis, MySQL, Vue.js, AWS (Aurora, ELB, ECS and lots more).
What you'll do
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
What you'll need
What we are looking for:
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL,
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Ability to learn and adapt
- Problem-solving mentality
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Strong command of statistics and the scientific method
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
PhD in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Statistics, and/or Applied Math.
You don't need to know everything. But you need to have the desire and confidence to figure it out.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
The world's most discerning brands and publishers use Dash Hudson to create and share photos and videos that people care about. Our visual intelligence platform provides a one-stop solution to predict performance, distribute, measure, and enhance engagement across all of your visual marketing channels.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We believe in building great products that solve real problems for marketers, and being unabashed about our unique ability to be the best at what we do.
We believe that mutual support among the team, and a willingness for all to figure out the seemingly impossible are what will propel us forward.
To our customers, we show undying love for their support. In thanks, we smother them in hugs.