We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join our team. You will design and implement the tools to automate and operationalize data collection, transformation, machine learning models and other analytics. You will design and implement agile processes to effeciently implement ongoing software projects.
Leadership and mentorship skills are considered an asset as you will be responsible for shaping junior members of the team and helping them to grow into more senior roles.
What you'll do
- Identify and recommend tools for automation of data and machine learning pipelines
- Design and implement data driven solutions
- Develop and advocate data governance and software best-practices
- Design and implement serice oriented solutions
- Design, document and implement data models
- Mentor and lead junior resources
What you'll need
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
- Strong software development background preferably in Python or Java
- 4+ years of SQL experience (No-SQL experience is a plus)
- 4+ years of experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining data processing systems
- Strong background in Microsoft Azure, particularly Azure data analytics offerings like Azure Data Factory, Azure Managed SQL, Azure Databricks, Azure Blob storage
- Experience developing analytics driven solutions in Microsoft PowerBI
Nice to have
- Past experience with Apache Airflow or similar workflow management system
- Past experience with the Informatica platform
- Exposure to Yandex Clickhouse or other column-oriented databases
- Experience leading and building teams
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Fiddlehead is employing big data analysis and forecasting to revolutionize the food and beverage supply chain. We are solving the hard problems of reducing inventory cost and improving customer service levels, while building resiliency in the supply chain. Fiddlehead's core values are in: Diversity, Accountability, Transparency, Accuracy.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Every year in Canada alone, 2.4 billion kilograms of food are wasted in supply chains between farm and fork. That's a big problem to solve in a world that needs to feed 9 billion people by 2050. Fiddlehead builds production-ready data science solutions to help global food and beverage manufacturers make better forecasting decisions. Cool fact: There is a 25% chance that any french fry you have eaten in the last year appeared in our statistical models. Yep, we love numbers. If you do too, you could be the data engineer we're looking for.
Fiddlehead offers competitive compensation and benefits as well as a flexible office culture. Benefits include health, dental, and life insurance, as well as access to physicians and employee support programs. Flexible office culture includes remote work two-days of the week, and work from office three-days of the week, with every other Friday off!