We are looking for an experienced data engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for implementing the tools and code to collect, analyse, transform and store data. The data engineer will work alongside the data science team to organize, shape and provide access to client end data. You will also be tasked with analyzing and reporting on data quality and completeness and provide data governance guidance to improve source datasets. The data engineer will work with the software engineering team to implement repeatable integration solutions to source internal and external datasets for consumption by Fiddlehead's statistical models and other data analytics.
What you'll do
- Use tools and custom code to implement automated data pipelines
- Provide data analysis
- Develop and advocate data governance best-practices
- Design and implement API endpoints to be consumed by data end-users
- Design, document and implement data models
What you'll need
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
- Strong software development background preferably in Python or Java
- 4+ years of SQL experience (No-SQL experience is a plus)
- 4+ years of experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining data processing systems
- Strong background in Microsoft Azure, particularly Azure data analytics offerings like Azure Data Factory, Azure Managed SQL, Azure Databricks, Azure Blob storage
- Experience developing analytics driven solutions in Microsoft PowerBI
Nice to have
- Past experience with Apache Airflow or similar workflow management system
- Past experience with the Informatica platform
- Exposure to Yandex Clickhouse or other column-oriented databases
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Fiddlehead is employing big data analysis and forecasting to revolutionize the food and beverage supply chain. We are solving the hard problems of reducing inventory cost and improving customer service levels, while building resiliency in the supply chain. Fiddlehead's core values are in: Diversity, Accountability, Transparency, Accuracy.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Every year in Canada alone, 2.4 billion kilograms of food are wasted in supply chains between farm and fork. That's a big problem to solve in a world that needs to feed 9 billion people by 2050. Fiddlehead is a venture-backed startup using data science to help global food and beverage manufacturers make better forecasting decisions. Cool fact: There is a 33% chance that any french fry you have eaten in the last year appeared in our statistical models. Yep, we love numbers. If you do too, you could be the data engineer we're looking for.
Fiddlehead offers competitive compensation and benefits as well as a flexible office culture.