Remsoft, a leader in business analytics, is seeking an accomplished Data Architect to join its Development Team. The successful candidate will provide data architecture expertise in support of Remsoft Solution implementations and participate in the development of application systems and technical solutions, focusing on new/enhanced data structures. This includes database logical and physical design, BI design, design and overview of data requirements.
The role has a significant project focus, contributing to Remsoft engagements, while also helping to support Sales pursuits by meeting with clients, listening to their data challenges and helping to craft solutions. The role must confer with clients, Remsoft technical staff, and other team members to plan, design, develop, implement, and enhance applications, scripts, procedures, and metadata for relational databases.
What you'll do
- Designing and developing the data architecture for a project, in the context of the client's overall system architecture.
- Provide technical data analysis, database, and BI expertise and advice on projects and technological initiatives.
- Working with clients to design and develop a data integration approach between on premise data systems and Remsoft Cloud-based product offerings.
- Monitoring and supporting the development of the system's data to ensure it is compliant with the data architecture, and refine the data architecture as required.
What you'll need
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience. Academic excellence preferred
- 5+ years' experience with: databases and database applications (Microsoft SQL Server); and strategic design of database systems and the ability to implement the strategy
- Solid understanding of software development models, TDD, unit tests and domain driven design, etc.
- Analytic, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Ability to work in a detail-oriented fashion without losing sight of the overall picture
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to travel occasionally to our office in Fredericton, New Brunswick
- Able to take ownership of tasks
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Remsoft provides software based on optimization and data analytics, to help companies generate improved operational and long-term plans; and create actionable schedules that drive improved performance and productivity.
We operate in forestry, utilities and civil infrastructure - delivering to public, government and state organizations. We help them determine optimal decisions that marry efficient asset management, maximum returns and managed risk.
Remsoft is a commercial software vendor with SaaS and perpetual products. We augment our software and deep consulting services, to simplify complex, high-variable decisions. We help our clients improve margins and maximize asset value; and our clients report savings measured in the tens of millions of dollars.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Not just an office with a great view - the Remsoft culture is one that promotes a healthy work/life balance. Our team of dynamic individuals is passionate about our community at home and abroad contributing to the social and environmental sustainability of our planet.
Remsoft offers a competitive salary, benefits package and other perks (including corporate massage therapy, pop-corn and Nerf guns).
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada.