Remsoft is seeking an enthusiastic contributor to join our experienced and diverse team of Data, Solutions and Business analysts. Our new SQL Data Analyst will have the opportunity to grow and learn while making an immediate positive impact on the business and its offerings to Remsoft's global clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance and development of technical ETL solutions and the third-party integrations needed to support our clients' data and analytical needs.
What you'll do
- Develop, maintain and support FME workbench
- Design, develop and troubleshoot queries, stored procedures, user-defined functions, etc.
- Support the current production versions and help investigate issues and identify root causes and get them fixed as soon as possible
- Work with business analysts to understand business requirements.
- Translate business requirements into technical ETL solutions.
- Develop and maintain data documentation (schemas, dictionaries, sample data, and standard procedures)
- Ensure excellent service to internal and external clients
- Work from our office in Fredericton, New Brunswick (preferably).
What you'll need
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Professional Microsoft SQL Server database experience.
- Experience with ETL processes/tools.
- Experience in the development of complex data queries and processes using various tools and technologies.
- Experience with reading, writing, and editing SQL procedures.
- Ability and motivation to learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to meet deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong monitoring, analysis, and troubleshooting skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction
- Experience with FME workbench.
- Experience with DBA tasks such as DB management, maintenance, and performance tuning
- Able to take ownership of tasks
- Excellent English communication skills, and Portuguese speaking, an asset
We're looking for
A little bit about us
For over a quarter of a century, Remsoft has been the global leader in Optimization Software for Land-Based Asset Management. We've been working with over 150 clients around the globe, spanning 15 countries, to offer optimized planning and scheduling solutions across all land-based and infrastructure sectors. More than half a billion acres of land is managed globally and sustainably through Remsoft's products and services.
We use our technology and expertise to improve the condition and productivity of the world's land-based assets: forests, roads, energy resources and more. We help organizations develop business and environmental sustainability through optimized plans and schedules which enable the allocation of resources to achieve desired outcomes with more profitability, sustainability, mitigated risk, considering constantly shifting variables.
Since our roots are in forestry, we've always been thinking in futures and planning a generation ahead. As forward and future thinkers, this translates not only into profitability, but sustainability. We've been able to achieve this with our technology, talented team and a growing list of partners. We have an expert team with ongoing investment in research and development. We've done it, and we'll continue to do it. We are profitable, sustainable futurists for companies around the world in all sectors.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
The Remsoft culture is one that promotes a healthy work and life balance. We welcome diversity, support flexibility, and care about individual well-being.
Remsoft is passionate about making a difference locally and globally. We contribute and are committed to the social and environmental sustainability of our planet.
At Remsoft, we have a collaborative environment where everyone's contribution is valued. Company goals are visible and tracked. Milestones are celebrated.
Compensation & benefits
Competitive salaries, 100% employer-paid benefits for employees, health and wellness benefit, paid parental leave, and training funding.
Tight-knit team, flexible work hours, company-wide goals and visibility, annual 'Remsoft Day' holiday, and regular team socials and celebrations.
Paid volunteer and personal days, flexible work hours, and the option of working from home.