People Manager: No
Work Location / Market:Remote work (WFH) / FACE Office
The successful candidate will service clients in all provinces and can work from anywhere.
As the FACE Customer Service Agent, you act as a key point of contact for inbound client and applicant calls and inquiries, offering general advice and feedback or triaging more complex tasks/inquiries to your designated FSC partners, providing a premium client experience in every instance.
Passionate about customer service, agile and able to pivot quickly, acts with integrity as a trusted partner to staff and clients alike from diverse backgrounds.
Reporting to the FACE Support Center Manager, the FACE Customer Service Agent will use their positive attitude and top-tier customer service skills in order to deliver on FSC Strategic Priorities and by extension FACE's Vision and Mission.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Key point of contact for inbound client and applicant calls and inquiries, offering general advice and feedback or triaging more complex tasks/inquiries to your designated FSC partners
- Active listening skills, listening to understand, address and back-check to ensure optimal solution driven recommendations and resolve.
- Identify customer needs, taking proactive steps to maintain positive experiences.
- Explain general eligibility requirements and financial decisions to applicants.
- Escalate customer complaints and/or calls via established channels as appropriate
- Perform other duties as assigned by the leadership team.
- Provide feedback on the procedures and remain engaged with other team members.
- Log task assignments and clear and concise correspondence notes on internal CRM.
- Adhere to SLA response time for all communication / correspondence.
- Recognize opportunities to refer applicants for Ecosystem support when required.
- Demonstrate an eagerness to learn and determination to succeed.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Diploma in Business, or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience as a customer support specialist, or a similar customer support role.
- Bilingual - English & French with excellent communication skills (Written and Oral skills) required.
- Previous customer service and/or call center experience preferred.
- Computer savvy with ability to learn new software platforms quickly.
- Strong customer service skills, and willing to assist in a professional, friendly and efficient manner.
- Highly organised and results driven.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Federation of African Canadian Economics
FACE is a national and bilingual Black-led non-profit organisation focused on providing resources and information to the Black community across Canada with the aim of accelerating wealth creation for Canadians of African descent.
In partnership with the Federal Government of Canada, FACE created a Black Entrepreneurship Loan Fund to help Black business owners with access to capital investments, working capital, or additional business resources for expansion. FACE has several other major partners that help further the mission of providing Black Canadians with the necessary resources, knowledge, and confidence to not only operate successfully as Black entrepreneurs but to thrive as a community across the nation.