Join our team: Curriculum and Content Coordinator
The University of Fredericton is seeking a dynamic and collaborative Curriculum and Content Coordinator to join our Program Development Team within the Academic department. Reporting to the Manager of Program Development, you will play a vital role in the coordination, design, and development of post-secondary program curricula. Your expertise in curriculum development, content coordination, and adherence to quality standards will contribute to the success of our programs.
What you'll do
- Collaborate closely with faculty, subject matter experts, and stakeholders to develop innovative curricula and engaging course content that meets industry standards and equips students with the skills and knowledge for their future vocations.
- Facilitate the curriculum review and change processes, ensuring compliance with quality standards, regulatory requirements, and accreditation standards. Engage in discussions with stakeholders to incorporate feedback and implement improvements.
- Provide support and guidance for the evaluation and improvement of assessments, ensuring alignment with program outcomes and instructional content. Foster a data-informed approach to enhance learning experiences.
- Stay abreast of emerging trends, technologies, and instructional strategies in curriculum development. Integrate relevant advancements to create dynamic and future-forward learning experiences.
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in Education from an accredited Canadian institution; a Master's degree in Education or a related field is highly desirable.
- Minimum of three years of experience in curriculum development, content coordination, or related roles, demonstrating a track record of success.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to foster collaboration and engage with stakeholders effectively.
- Familiarity with learning management systems (LMS) and other relevant tools to support curriculum development and content coordination.
- Awareness of accessibility and universal design for learning (UDL) principles, ensuring inclusivity in curriculum design and instructional content.
- Commitment to continuous professional development, staying current with emerging trends, technologies, and instructional strategies in curriculum development.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
University of Fredericton
The University of Fredericton is fully recognized as a degree-granting institution by the Province of New Brunswick. Our mission is to provide our students with an exciting, rewarding and affordable lifelong learning path of professional education, with programs scheduled to accommodate both professional and personal lives.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
In addition to your base compensation, joining the UFred team means you will be part of a rapidly expanding organization with a mission to provide quality and affordable education globally. UFred values its employees and ensures they are able to enjoy Wellness and Balance, and Professional Development.
Wellness and Balance: UFred employees actively utilize subsidized Health and Vision Care, as well as an RRSP Match program. They spend paid time off with those who are important to them between Christmas and New Year's, as well as on their birthdays. The possibility for flexible work arrangements, Active Living Benefit, and Wellness days are additional benefits enjoyed by our staff.
Professional Development: UFred supports both internal and external opportunities to support your development needs.
Hours of Work
This is a full time permanent position, under regular business hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm). The position is available in Fredericton, NB with the possibility to work remotely, and attend in-office meetings, as required.
Who are we?
The University of Fredericton (UFred) is an accredited, fully-online University based out of Fredericton, NB. UFred was founded on the notion that education should be driven by the needs of today's Learners. The fully-online, no-residency required model of education that UFred offers is designed specifically for online delivery that is applied and relevant. Learners can begin their UFred journey from a range of starting points depending on their interests, level of education, and professional experience, and can continue along a customized path to fulfilling their ultimate learning goals.
The University of Fredericton is passionately committed to ensuring a positive and professional working environment in which all people are treated with dignity and respect. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion and aim to provide a fair and consistent method for filling job openings in support of equality of opportunity and cultural diversity within the company. We encourage applications from all qualified applicants, including women, persons with disabilities, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), people from the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Queer, Questioning, Two-Spirit, Intersex, Asexual + (LGBTQ2SIA+) community, and other equity-seeking groups.
If you are a motivated and collaborative professional with a passion for curriculum development, possess strong organizational skills, and thrive in a dynamic and innovative environment, we invite you to apply for the position of Curriculum and Content Coordinator at the University of Fredericton before October 3, 2023.