We are looking for a Culture & Office Manager to organize and coordinate administration, human resources duties and office procedures. Your role is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety. You need to be someone who thrives on the urgency of startups, can ask challenging questions to people you've met only by phone and is eager to learn and evolve as the job demands. You will have to be able to take ownership and produce quality work within tight deadlines. We’re looking for someone that gets excited talking and hearing about energy, and if you think you have those qualifications, you might be a good fit to join our team!
What you'll do
- Act as first point of contact, SimpTek front desk management and support for staff as needed
- Schedule meetings and appointments
- Address employees queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, hardware and travel arrangements)
- Perform basic accounting procedures
- Will help our company and our employees succeed by coaching, counselling, and advising employees, and smooth over issues that may arise
- Will support the founders in setting and communicating policy and culture
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal employment laws and practices and keeps us in compliance
- Will assist in the recruitment process; coordinating, writing offer letters, managing the background checks and on-boarding process
- Takes care of the paperwork, and develops processes that can streamline personnel issues
What you'll need
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with office management
- Experience with managing office logistics
- Administrative office training with a minimum of 2 years experience
- Minimum three years related HR experience
- Post-Secondary education with specialization or a diploma in human resources management
- Tech savvy with an aptitude to learn new tools
- An interest in sustainability, renewable energy, or energy efficiency is an asset
We're looking for
A little bit about us
SimpTek Technologies Inc.
We are creating a platform that will effectively make saving energy a little easier for everyone - utility companies, multi-residential building owners and homeowners. By using big data analytics, SimpTek is the new bridge connecting consumers with utilities and multi-residential buildings, allowing them to better understand, engage, and predict energy usage.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
SimpTek is a fast growing company that can offer you a non-traditional work experience. We can ensure you that we invest in our people and always support individual growth with never-ending opportunities to learn. While working in a fast-paced environment of a startup, you will have the support of our close-knit team that will help you achieve your professional and personal goals. We value teamwork and always ensure that everyone has a fun and exciting experience working with us. Our team loves to get together for a quick nerf gun battle, birthday celebration and often get together for lunch.
We can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to work with passionate and driven individuals
- Flexible schedule