Ambassatours Gray Line is one of Canada's premier sightseeing tour companies. Based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, the company has operated land and water tours for over 30 years in Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland. As an elite Gray Line provider, Ambassatours creates and delivers memorable, world caliber traveler experiences in its many destinations.
- seasonal position from approximately April to November
- may include possible travel
- irregular work schedules that take place over 7 days per week
What you'll do
Reporting to the Director Cruise Operations, and Team Leader
- following a pre-determined dispatch schedule that has been outlined by the cruise line
- collecting and accounting for all tickets
- selling tours
- accounting for and being responsible for all guests while shore side awaiting tour dispatch
- planning and organizing buses and groups for departure from dock
- playing the role of a cultural ambassador
- delivering pleasantries with guests and answering tidbits of information
- providing guidance and taking control of a group while in your care
- working well with local tourism suppliers, tour operators, Port staff and others
- overseeing a small team of staff members.
What you'll need
- High-school diploma or the equivalent
- Willingness to participate in and receive, on-the-job training
- professional manner and appearance
- effective communication and conflict resolution skills
- ability to work well under pressure, and follow assignments
- enthusiasm and desire to sell Atlantic Canada as a travel destinati
- excellent organizational skills
- flexibility to work shifts including early mornings, evenings, holidays, and weekends
- excellent oral and written communication
- ability to communicate in either German, French, Spanish an asset
- strong observation skills, attention to detail, cleanliness & aesthetics of working space
- friendly, customer-focused personality
A little bit about us
Ambassatours Gray Line Ltd.
Ambassatours is the top provider of shore excursions for the cruise lines arriving seasonally in the port of Halifax. We offer a wide variety of tour guiding opportunities in many entertaining and interesting tours including Hop On Hop Off sightseeing tours aboard vintage British double decker buses, coach, walking and hiking tours.
Ambassatours Gray Line is proud to be both Rainbow Registered and Certified as an Age Friendly employer, committed to providing our employees a sense of inclusion and belonging.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- Great pay plus tips.
- Perfect for the retired professional.
- Exceptional team of colleagues.
- Adventures and memories to last a lifetime.
Ambassatours Gray Line is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of employment equity for all applicants and employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Ambassatours are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, regardless of age, race, colour, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, or any other of the protected characteristics as per the Human Rights act of Prince Edward Island. Ambassatours will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.