Reporting to the Vice President (VP) Senior Relationship Manager, the Credit Support Officer will be responsible for effectively overseeing and managing all daily credit related operations, duties and related projects within the Corporate Banking department. Primary functions will include collaborating with Lending Officers and Relationships Managers within Butterfield to manage the control of credit quality within the Corporate Banking department.
What you'll do
• Ensuring compliance with all credit documentation, including legal requirements prior to the advancement of funds.
• Developing and maintaining a thorough knowledge of banking and lending rules, guidelines and regulations, including Butterfield Policies and Procedures.
• Monitoring and submitting all required department reporting in a timely manner.
• Preparing monthly and annual file reviews in accordance with internal and regulatory standards, whilst ensuring that the department's file reviews are compliant with the Commercial Loans policy and procedures manual.
• Providing management and oversight to the Corporate Banking Administrator with the file review process.
• Performing financial statement analysis and drafting other credit related memoranda as needed on all assigned credits.
• Drafting or obtaining attorney instruction, facility letters, or other transaction documents in accordance with Butterfield's policies and procedures.
• Reviewing, coordinating and overseeing the funding/disbursement of new and existing credit facilities within an authorized limit.
• Work with Relationship Managers, attorneys and Credit Operations to ensure the post-closing documentation, review and tracking.
• Providing on-going credit control support by following up with borrowers and/or Relationship Managers to obtain financial statements, insurance confirmation and other pertinent information as required.
What you'll need
• Undergraduate degree in business, finance or accounting (or associated field), along with three years' recent and progressive experience or equivalent credit/lending environment.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of bank credit policy and guidelines, risk assessment and an awareness of relevant legislation.
• Strong understanding of commercial credit and financial analysis techniques.
• Strong ability to assimilate new information and apply it to day-to-day activities.
• Demonstrable ability to handle highly confidential material in a professional manner.
• Excellent interpersonal and client verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organisational skills, with the ability to work under pressure to ensure that client needs are effectively met.
• The ability to work effectively and independently using initiative, with a strong attention to detail.
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
A little bit about us
Butterfield Support Services (Halifax) Limited
To be the leading independent offshore bank and trust company
To build relationships and wealth
Approachable - Collaborative - Empowered - Impactful
Butterfield is a full-service bank and wealth manager headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda, providing services to clients from Bermuda, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey and Jersey, where our principal banking operations are located, and The Bahamas, Switzerland, Singapore and the United Kingdom, where we offer specialized financial services. Banking services comprise deposit, cash management and lending solutions for individual, business and institutional clients. Wealth management services are composed of trust, private banking, asset management and custody. In Bermuda, the Cayman Islands and Guernsey, we offer both banking and wealth management. In The Bahamas, Singapore and Switzerland, we offer select wealth management services. In the UK, we offer residential property lending. In Jersey, we offer select banking and wealth management services. Butterfield recently established a Support Services Centre in Halifax, NS. Butterfield is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB) and the Bermuda Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB.BH).
Butterfield in Halifax
Butterfield Support Services (Halifax) Limited provides centralized, shared services and support to the Butterfield Group in the areas of Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations, Client Services, and Compliance. Our team in Halifax is expanding to meet the growing and diverse needs of our businesses globally.
With more than 1,200 financial services professionals across ten international jurisdictions, the Butterfield experience is enhanced by robust learning and development opportunities, and comprehensive benefits. We provide a respectful environment where we value the diversity of our employees and the talents and experiences they bring to work. With a 160-year tradition of service excellence we empower individuals to achieve their potential and make a positive impact on our business, our clients and our communities.
To learn more about the Butterfield Group please visit www.butterfieldgroup.com.