Moosehead Breweries Limited is Canada's last-major brewer still owned by Canadians. Headquartered in Saint John, New Brunswick, the company has been operated by the Oland family since it was established in 1867. After more than 150 years, our rich history is as rich as the flavor of our beer. What makes Moosehead so unique is that when challenges arise, we face them head-on. At Moosehead we're a team of doers. We believe that obstacles are opportunities to show the world what you're capable of. We exist to reawaken and reward the courage to go after what's difficult.
We are seeking a full-time Creative Manager to lead Moosehead's internal creative design team. Reporting directly to the Senior Marketing Manager, the Creative Manager will oversee a team of content creators who have skills in graphic design, illustration, video production, photography, and copy writing. Overseeing all phases of creative development work from concept to completion, the Creative Manager will also be immersed in the strategies and campaign executions of Moosehead's core brands.
What you'll do
- Set the tone for the work the creative team produces - monitoring for cohesion across all developed content and responsible for content quality in relation to engagement results and on-brand style consistency.
- Lead the internal content creation process - department workflows, work priorities, project assignments, and process improvements.
- Track project timelines, deliverables, and resourcing.
- Oversee all internal content production - providing feedback and approval to final outputs.
- Support the internal creative team in the production of all briefed marketing materials.
- Liaison between the creative team and the rest of the company.
- Ensure the creative team's brand style guides are always up to date.
- Responsible for the team's tools, equipment, and training.
- Work alongside marketing brand leads and support in the strategic design of brand packaging, digital ads, out-of-home media, contests, promotions, retail displays, and trade point of sale.
- Assist the marketing brand leads and agency teams in strategizing, developing, and executing short-term and long-term brand plans and campaigns. Agencies include Media, PR, Production, Creative Strategy, Experiential, Sampling and Packaging partners.
- Identify the creative team's department goals both large, small-scale, team, and individual.
- Promote entrepreneurial thinking and creative problem solving to bring forward new tactics and team capabilities.
- Report to the Senior Leadership Team on department's key performance indicators.
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, art, graphic design, or communications.
- 5 to 7 years' experience in brand marketing and brand development.
- Team management experience is required.
- Solid understanding of design, copy, and digital practices.
- Superior communications, organizational, and project management skills.
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- A creative and strategic, out-of-the box thinking with the ability to commercialize an idea and execute against it.
- Must be resourceful and can seek out solutions and have a strong bias for action.
A little bit about us
Moosehead Breweries Limited
Moosehead Breweries is the last major brewery in Canada still owned by Canadians. Headquartered in Saint John, New Brunswick, the company has been led by the Oland family since 1867. After more than 150 years, our rich history is as rich as the flavour of our beer. What makes Moosehead so unique is that when challenges arise, we face them head-on. At Moosehead we're a team of doers. We believe that obstacles are opportunities to show the world what you're capable of. We exist to reawaken and reward the courage to go after what's difficult.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- Ability to shape the future of a resilient Canadian, family-owned company.
- Passionate and collaborative co-workers.
- Comprehensive pension and health benefits package.
- Fitness reimbursement program.
What you can expect from us?
Respect. We treat all employees with respect at Moosehead, after all, respect is one of our core values.
We offer all employees a strong benefits package including a highly rated Health, Dental and an Employee Assistance Program that provides great coverage at a very low cost to you. Some other benefits we provide are: A Work from Home Policy - that provides you the flexibility to work remotely up to 40% of the time; a Leadership Development Program; An annual Wellness Reimbursement program; A Maternity Leave program; and a Beer Voucher Program.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume by November 30th, 2022 by 5:00pm AST.
As a national, family-owned business, we are striving to build an equitable, diverse and inclusive team that best represents the wholesome values of Canada. If you require an accommodation through the recruitment process, please advise within your Resume or Cover Letter.
Moosehead Breweries greatly appreciates the interest of all applicants, however only selected candidates will be contacted.