Are you an experienced paralegal or legal administrative professional looking for a new and exciting opportunity? Do you excel in providing exceptional client service while working in a fast-paced, innovative and collaborative environment in which you learn everyday?
Our Corporate Services team is seeking a Corporate Transactions Paralegal to join our firm in a full-time permanent position. As part of the Corporate Services team, you will provide support within our corporate department. Our new team member will be preferably based in our Fredericton office; however, we will also consider applications in our Moncton and Saint John office locations.
What you'll do
As a Corporate Transactions Paralegal, you will be responsible for:
- The preparation of documentation and attending to filings related to a range of corporate transactions including, but not limited to, incorporations, name changes, director changes, registered office changes, business name registrations and renewals, extra-provincial registrations and other transactions as required related to both provincial and federal companies;
- Assisting in the preparation of closing documents, transaction record books and reporting;
- Profile and maintain minute books, including cataloguing and inputting of data;
- Maintain our corporate database according to standard procedures;
- Act as a liaison between the firm and clients;
- Being creative, sharing ideas, learning from others and sharing your skills and knowledge; and,
- Challenging yourself and your team every day; and having fun while doing so!
What you'll need
The successful candidate will possess the following skill set:
- The ideal candidate will have a Paralegal or Legal Administration diploma or other related education;
- Previous experience as a Legal Assistant or Paralegal within the corporate field is preferred;
- Exceptional technology skills, with proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office and legal billing systems;
- Exceptional communication skills, a special focus on client service and the highest degree of professionalism;
- Spoken and written proficiency in both French and English would be considered an asset; and,
- Experience with Emergent and knowledge management software and government websites would be an asset.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
McInnes Cooper is among Canada's 25 largest business law firms and the exclusive member of Lex Mundi for Atlantic Canada, the world's leading network of independent law firms. Providing strategic counsel to industry-leading clients here and abroad for more than 160 years, we continue to thrive through our relentless focus on client success.
Our mission? To turn our knowledge, skills, and effort into value for our clients and our communities through dedicated leadership.
At McInnes Cooper you will find a team that values you. We recognize that our members are key in delivering outstanding client service and we provide a collaborative, professional environment with a member focused culture. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that values, respects and supports different perspectives, cultures and experiences.
Diversity & Inclusion
We recognize that our individual differences make us a stronger, more adaptable law firm. We embrace these differences and give all of our members the opportunity to develop their unique skills and talents.
Collective Social Responsibility
We are recognized as a leader and innovator amongst Canadian law firms in the field of Collective Social Responsibility. Our people are concerned citizens who enjoy giving back. Together, we focus on developing ongoing partnerships with community organizations that do amazing work, often despite limited resources and public awareness. As a firm, we have the ability to respond with contributions of time and monetary support, and our people give generously of their skills and effort.
Pro Bono Legal Services
Through our Pro Bono Program, we provide legal counsel to disadvantaged people and organizations that have difficulty gaining access to justice on matters of public interest.
Like any large organization, our operations leave a footprint on the environment. From paper use and waste production to transportation and energy consumption, we continually look for opportunities to minimize that impact.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This role offers an exceptional compensation package including a competitive salary, defined-benefit pension plan and firm-paid health and dental benefits, health spending account, personal (wellness) spending account as well as paid vacation, personal and sick days.