Date Posted: November 9, 2023
Posting Deadline: November 23, 2023
Department: The Language Centre
Type of Employment: 6-month Contract, Full-time
Group Affiliation: APC Group, Group 2 ($41,911 - $54,009 annually)
At Saint Mary's University, you will be surrounded by a talented and dedicated team of professionals committed to accessibility, diversity, and the provision of a positive and supportive learning environment. We recognize the importance of the contribution and growth of each individual in the University's success. We are currently looking to fill the position of Corporate & Group Training Coordinator to join our The Language Centre team.
What we offer
As a team member at Saint Mary's, we are proud to offer many benefits. Some of these include:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Personal Days
- Professional development
- Employee Transit EPass through Halifax Transit
Job Information and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Administrative Services Manager, the Corporate & Group Training Coordinator will:
- Develop short-term customized English Language programs for revenue and partnership development for The Language Centre, Saint Mary's University. This includes design, planning, organizing, and implementing of all short-term programs, overseeing programs through to completion, and post-program review.
- Prepare the budget, write the proposal, and negotiate the contract with clients, event/activity/class organization, and all logistics for participants from arrival in Halifax to departure, and reconciling of expenses.
- Coordinate and facilitate the logistics of new student welcome orientations throughout the year and oversee and administer the placement of afternoon electives in the Intensive English program as well as the student program evaluations.·
Experience and Education Requirements
To be the successful Corporate & Group Training Coordinator you will have:
- Undergraduate degree
- Minimum 2 years' directly related experience
- Comfortable in cross cultural situations
- Excellent communication, oral and written and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated skill in using common office, desktop publishing and communication software (e.g. Word,
- Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Net web tools)
Apply for this opportunity online using our online application system through Career Beacon. Click on "Apply Now" and complete all required information fields. Qualified candidates should submit the following with their application:
- Cover Letter
- Three Professional References
Late applications may not receive consideration. We appreciate all applications and note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
At Saint Mary's University, equity and diversity are integral to excellence and enrich our community. As an institution committed to fostering an environment of inclusion and respect, we encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, preference will be given to applicants who self-identify as Black/African Nova Scotians, Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/visible minorities, persons with disabilities and women. If you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition at [email protected].
A little bit about us
Saint Mary’s University
Saint Mary's University is one of Canada's top primary undergraduate universities--known for its international collaborations, leadership in entrepreneurship, and research that benefits local and global communities. Our programs in Arts, Science, Graduate Studies and the Sobey School of Business are among Canada's best and feature professors who are committed to the success of their students. Saint Mary's provides our 7,000 students with a place that fosters possibility, excellent research opportunities, and distinguished graduate and professional programs combined with a caring community. Nestled in the heart of Halifax, Nova Scotia, on Canada's east coast, Saint Mary's University is marked by iconic buildings, green spaces and fresh ocean air. The Saint Mary's University community is committed to a prosperous future for the world-a world without limits.