Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Copywriter is overall responsible for conceptualizing, creating compelling, audience-specific content as well as reviewing copy for both internal and external use. Amazing at creating rich lead-generative content, this role works cross-functionally with our internal teams to help create campaigns and creative content.
What you'll do
- Writing clear, concise, and audience-specific copy
- Driving the creation of original concepts that result in effective and compelling communication
- Understanding different language styles that appeal to various target markets and marketing channels
- Creating, reviewing and editing written content for all departments for internal and external use
- Experience with WordPress, SEM, and Social
- Familiarity with commonly used style guides
What you'll need
Required Skills and Experience
- Possess the drive and passion of a writer who is practiced at their craft
- Experience developing and publishing content, including on digital and social platforms
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Journalism, Marketing, PR, Communications or related field
- Excellent writer and storyteller
- Impeccable writing and copy editing skills
- Overwhelming attention to detail
- Stellar communication skills
- Enthusiastic and committed to their craft
- Thrive under deadline pressure
- Strong collaborative skills to work with multi-functional teams
- An effective listener who takes concepts and creates content accurately
- Team player who understands the need to collaborate to succeed
- Quality focus - understands and contributes to builds quality culture within the team
- Problem Solver - exercises independent judgment and decision making
- Communication - Develops and presents material using written and verbal communication skills.
A little bit about us
Swept makes simple software designed specifically for the Janitorial Industry. Our mobile and web based solutions promotes proactive communication between you and your cleaners while providing you important information. It will save you time, make you more effective, and improve your customer's satisfaction.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We are a Halifax homegrown start-up success story and proud tenant of Volta Labs. More specifically, we are a SaaS company that helps office cleaning companies win contracts and retain their cleaners. The janitorial industry is full of logistical challenges that negatively impact the quality of the work completed and the relationships business owners have with their remote staff (cleaners). That's where we come in.
Not to brag…
Okay, we're going to brag a little bit because we are so excited to share…. we are growing our team again! In our short history, we have continuously expanded our client base around the globe and our exceptional, talented team continues to wow them with new product development and amazing client experience. We treat our clients like family. But don't take our word for it:
"Swept is amazing. It has streamlined our operations significantly. Most definitely a time/headache/sanity tool that's indispensable to our industry." - USA client
"You are on fire. The way you are helping owners like me, it blows my mind. You have so many resources, it's extremely helpful. Very impressive." - Australian client
Check out our team, office, and culture here on Insta!
Does this sound like you?
- Refuse to work with jerks (even when they are smart)
- Believe that building a company is a team sport (so much more fun that way)
- Lots of experience that you want to show off (and more importantly, share)
- Hungry for success (not just in business, but also in your personal life)
- Seeker of adventures (We have a very eclectic group!)
Joining our team won't be a cake walk, but for the right person, it will be worth it. Here is what you can expect:
- Crafty Writing - send us a Swept-centric cover letter and resume - make it awesome.
- The Sniff Test - We'll review your cover letter and resume, check for spelling and whether you properly used their, there and they're correctly.
- The 'It's All About You' call - this is your opportunity to tell us your hopes and dreams, a few key experiences and the amazing skills you acquired along the journey.
- The Panel of Smart Folk - meet with a select group of our team.
- 'If I were Michael, what would I do?' Scenario Assessment - apply your hardcore talents to resolve a fictional scenario… or is it real?
- At any point in the process, you may meet with our Founder. We like to keep 'when' a surprise.
Ready to join us? Apply below. We are incredibly busy doing awesome things to amaze our customers so only those selected to move forward will be contacted.