Dalhousie University is Atlantic Canada's leading research-intensive university and a driver of the region's intellectual, social and economic development. Located in the heart of Halifax, Nova Scotia, with an Agricultural Campus in Truro/Bible Hill, Dalhousie is a truly national and international university, with more than half of our 18,800 students coming from outside of the province. Our 6,000 faculty and staff foster a vibrant, purpose-driven community, that's celebrating 200 years of academic excellence in 2018.
Student Affairs is a collection of integrated units that collaborates with faculty, staff and students to enhance the student experience through the promotion of an inclusive, holistic and student-centric approach to learning, academic success and professional resources for support programs and services. Reporting to the Director, Career Services, the Coordinator, Employer Engagement & Career Events is responsible for establishing new and existing relationships with employers to enhance the career development of students, as well as employer on-campus recruitment activities and career events for Dalhousie students.
- Collaborate with the Director and other on campus partners on strategies for employer recruitment and retention.
- In collaboration with Coordinator, Career Development Programming, coordinate on-campus recruitment activities for students, alumni and prospective employers.
- Work collaboratively with the Director and other on campus partners to develop and implement both new and existing opportunities for students to connect with employers.
- Oversee the online recruiting system (myCareer). Serve as the unit's point person for communication and outreach to employers and other users.
- Coordinate with each unit's myCareer administrator to implement any outstanding deliverables for the system.
- Support the coordination and implementation of existing employer development events and services including but not limited to the Halifax Universities Career Fair, and the Dalhousie Job & Career Fair. The incumbent may take on a lead coordination role for these projects as determined by the Director. Responsibilities include logistical coordination, marketing and promotion, correspondence with employers, and other duties as required
Note: Hours will fluctuate based on student demand. Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, and some weekend assignments will be required.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in a related field with three to five years of related experience. Prior experience in event planning and management is required; experience working with employer recruitment and development is also required. Formal training in project management and work in the post-secondary sector is considered an asset.
Dalhousie University supports a healthy and balanced lifestyle. Our total compensation package includes a defined benefit pension plan, health and dental plans, a health spending account, an employee and family assistance program and a tuition assistance program.
Apply online by 10 p.m. on August 21st, 2018 to competition DPMG-18103
Salary Range: $50,240 - $67,973 per annum (ADM-05).
This position is part of the Dalhousie Professional & Managerial Group (DPMG).
Applications from university employees and external candidates are given concurrent consideration. Among short-listed candidates, university employees will be given special consideration. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Aboriginal people, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity.
A little bit about us
Dalhousie University is Atlantic Canada’s leading research-intensive university and a driver of the region’s intellectual, social and economic development. Located in the heart of Halifax, Nova Scotia, with an Agricultural Campus in Truro/Bible Hill, Dalhousie is a truly national and international university, with more than half of our 18,500 students coming from outside of the province. Our 6,000 faculty and staff foster a vibrant, purpose-driven community, that’s celebrating 200 years of academic excellence in 2018.