Closing Date: May 29, 2023 at 4:00 PM
Faculty of Management
The Faculty of Management (FOM) was established on UNB's Fredericton campus in 1951. It offers the Bachelor of Business Administration, Master of Business Administration and Masters in Quantitative Investment Management programs. In 2022 it obtained AACSB Accreditation.
WHAT WE OFFER
Full-time | Continuing | Fredericton | Hybrid
UNB is committed to ensuring employees can maintain a healthy work-life balance. As such, we are proud to support a hybrid work approach, which includes flexible hours and work-from-home options.
Standard Work Hours: Mon - Fri | 7:45 am - 4:00 pm | 36.25 hours per week
Salary Range: $43,900 - $54,880 per annum
Reporting to the Dean, Faculty of Management, the Co-op Student Development Coordinator is responsible for coordinating placements for students within the BBA Co-op program, managing daily operations of the BBA Co-op, and achieving targets and metrics put forth by the FOM and program funders.
- Work closely with the Experiential Learning Coordinator and respective programs offices regarding the Co-op and Internship programs.
- Collaborate with faculty members, students, and employers to deliver engaging Co-op programs.
- Recruit students and employers to take part in the Co-op programs.
- Advise students on Co-op programs. Guide professional skills and strategies to ensure competitiveness in the local employment market.
- Host professional development/networking events as required.
- Establish new employer relationships. Contact prospective employers and share the benefits of engaging with FOM Co-op programs.
- Guide employers throughout the application, interview, and selection process.
- Foster positive relationships with existing employers that will result in repeat participation in programs.
- Host employer events and coordinate networking opportunities as required.
- Conduct site visits and employer/student checkpoints as outlined within respective BBA Co-op programs.
- Maintain records of student information related to participation in the BBA Co-op program.
- Maintain financial records per budgetary requirements of various work-integrated learning programs offered by the FOM.
- Ensure positions posted meet Co-op requirements and educate employers on salaries when required.
- Work with the UNB Office of Experiential Education to increase the number of Co-op placements.
- Grade reports required by students participating in Co-op work terms.
- Supervise assistants hired to support the successful promotion, advertising, and delivery of the Co-op program.
- Maintain and update experiential learning platforms as required.
- Additional duties that the supervisor may assign in consultation with the Dean.
WHAT YOU BRING
- A University Degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- 2 - 5 years in a related field.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
- Experience working with student employment/advising is considered a strong asset.
- Experience managing relationships with multiple stakeholders is considered an asset.
- Experience with program management is considered an asset.
- Experience using Co-op learning platforms an asset (ExperienceUNB).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Ability to prioritize, manage time appropriately, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and reporting skills.
A little bit about us
University of New Brunswick
The University of New Brunswick employs more than 3,200 full- and part-time staff, including faculty, support staff and students. UNB values people and we have proudly been named as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2023 and one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers for 2023.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
WHY CHOOSE UNB?
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
PROFESSIONAL & TECHNICAL STAFF UNION (PTSU)
This position is part of the PSAC, Local 60551 employee group and falls under the PTSU Collective Agreement.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
We thank all who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.