Cook II performs the day-to-day food production including meal as assigned by the Chef. Ensure a high caliber of food service for guests and staff through proper preparation and presentation of food and maintenance of a clean and organized workspace.
What you'll do
• Perform Food Production in Main Kitchen and/or Concession.
• Ensure proper handling and storage of food to minimize waste and ensure portion control.
• Monitor and ensure quality of food product produced on daily basis, report deviations from standards to Pastry Chef, Sous Chef
• Escalates staff and guest concerns to appropriate next level supervisor quickly to ensure customer satisfaction is addressed.
• Ensure staff are working within the guidelines of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and safe food handling (HACCP) process standards are being adhered to.
• Ensure all workstations are maintained, stocked and food products are properly rotated.
• Establish daily personal production plan.
• Creative recommendations to Pastry Chef
• Responsible for cleaning and maintaining the equipment and ensuring it is held to departmental standards.
• Require an understanding of Pastry production and make up techniques including quick breads, breakfast pastries, pies, tarts, cakes, squares, custards etc
• Understand pastry recipes, both reading and writing. Should be able to use bakers' percentages and scale recipes up or down.
• Ensure quality control and presentation of dessert items.
• Assist in day-to-day production levels and creating weekly menus.
What you'll need
• Passion and experience for Pastries and being creative.
• Graduate from cooking school required or relative working experience.
• 5+ years cooking experience in a fast-paced restaurant setting.
• Buffet, catering, and line experience imperative.
• Ability to work independently as required.
• Some autonomy and creative license.
• Must be able to work Shift work as our business is ever changing.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Red Shores Race Track & Casino
We are proud to be the first state-of-the-art entertainment facility in Atlantic Canada which combines Harness Racing, Dining and Gaming all under one roof.
RED SHORES offers a work environment of growth, challenge and innovation. We are an equal opportunity employer with comprehensive training; along with competitive salaries, and benefits program.
With more than 250 employees, the RED SHORES workforce is made up of administrative, front line, technical, professional, and management positions located in the heart of Charlottetown and Summerside, Prince Edward Island.
What sets us apart from other employers is our work environment and most important of all…our people.
At RED SHORES you'll have the opportunity to meet and work with people from all aspects and locations of our business - contributing creatively, and knowing you're truly making a difference in our success… and yours!