- Must be currently enrolled in/have completed a recognized Food Service Workers Program
- Must be currently enrolled in/have completed a Cook or Cook Helper training program or have equivalent industry experience
- Preference will be given to applicants who have acquired the Cook or Food Production Certification
- Minimum of one (1) year experience working with seniors
- Minimum of two (2) years experience working in a food services position
- Good observation, written and verbal communication skills
- Contribute to interdisciplinary planning through observing, communicating, and recording
- Decision making, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Capable of working independently and within a team
- Must demonstrate ethical behavior within the workplace
- Maintain an excellent level of attendance
- Must be able to speak and read English
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to complete repetitive and potentially physically demanding tasks
Job type: Casual
- Cooking: 1 year (preferred)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (preferred)
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
GEM Health Care Group
GEM Health Care Group is a Nova Scotian, family run business which has been enhancing the lives of seniors in the communities where they operate since 1979.
We continue to remain a leader in transforming how health care is delivered to seniors in Nova Scotia and we strive to provide the best care, service, and quality of life for our residents in a safe, dignified, home-like environment.
GEM currently operates various levels of seniors' care facilities throughout Nova Scotia, Ontario, and in Hollywood, Florida.