PQA has been going strong since 1997! We take pride in our commitment to the communities across Canada in which we are located because we know there is more to life than work. Our team members enjoy opportunities for continuous learning and they work with leading edge companies, technologies and tools. As one of Canada's largest and most established independent software testing companies, we insist on working with 'quality' people who share our passion for doing the job right!
Are you a fan of numbers? Do you like it when things balance? If you're an accurate, detail oriented professional who loves to see how your work contributes to the company's bottom line, then PQA is looking for you to join our Fredericton office as our Controller!
What you'll do
- Responsibility for financial data including payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Reconciliation of all general ledger accounts in preparation for year-end work by external accountant
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Month end financial statement reporting, including working papers and analysis
- General ledger maintenance
- Bank reconciliations
- Variance analysis
- Collection of accounts receivables
- Prepare supporting tax documentation and calculate and remit GST/HST
- Year-end audit support
- Monthly client invoicing
- Cash flow analysis
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Manage financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maximizes financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Complies with federal, provincial and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
- Respond to all financial inquiries on a timely basis with a focus on cost/benefit analysis
- Provide financial reports and statements on a monthly basis including revenue and expense forecast amounts, budget variance reports and account profitability reporting
- Prepare ad hoc reports and analysis, as required
- Recommend improvements to current reporting models, internal processes and procedur
What you'll need
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration or Commerce, with a focus in Accounting
- Five to ten years of experience in a financial role
- Accounting designation is required
- Experience in multi-company, multi-business line account keeping
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Experience with Sage 50 Premium is an asset
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Professional Quality Assurance Ltd
Who We Are
Professional Quality Assurance (PQA) is one of Canada's premiere nearshore business technology outsourcing providers. Since 1997, we have been helping organizations all over the world reach their quality objectives by delivering scalable, proven, quality-centric managed services. Companies such as Apple, Filogix, CGI, SkillSoft, Computer Associates, lynda.com, National Bank of Canada, Boeing, Nortel and many others have gained considerable advantage from our Quality Assurance (QA), Testing and eLearning expertise and experience.
We deliver outsourced managed services to our clients with the goal of helping them increase profitability, boost customer satisfaction, manage development cycles and implement quality-centric solutions. We develop innovative approaches and solutions, designed to generate increased efficiencies, competitive advantage and market share for our clients.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
At PQA Testing, we encourage our employees' personal career growth. We have plans in place to make sure that each employee is connected with a mentor to help guide them through their professional development, offer bi-monthly lunch & learns and give our employees chances to attend industry conferences.
Our employee's health and wellness are #1 here at PQA Testing. We offer health incentives for our full-time employees to help them reach their goals of a healthy lifestyle. PQA Testing is always organizing events that involve exercise and our annual Family Day BBQ is one event that definitely brings all of us closer.
Always remember one thing while you're working at PQA Testing...have fun!