Kraken Robotics offers a unique career opportunity to work with an internationally recognized leader in ocean technology that is harnessing our world class talent to provide superior subsea solutions for global security, environmental, and scientific challenges. Our highly talented team design and manufacture technology platforms for NATO navies and commercial clients throughout the world and provide acoustic 3D Synthetic Aperture Sonar (SAS) data solutions and imaging in the offshore energy sector with increasing focus on offshore renewables.
We are seeking a Contracts Manager to join us as a core member of the commercial team. Reporting to the VP Commercial, you will be responsible for advising all legal and compliance issues across Kraken business units, with exposure to projects globally. The Contracts Manger will engage with the business at all levels to provide guidance and support on awide variety of contractual, legal and compliance issues.
What you'll do
• Reviewing and qualifying terms and conditions contained within client invitations to tender,
including evaluating tax and insurance requirements
• Reviewing and negotiating legal documentation with external parties including subcontracts, terms
and conditions, NDAs, MoUs, contractor agreements, parent company guarantees etc.
• Advise sales and commercial teams on steps to mitigate potential contractual and commercial risks
• Participate in reviews of complete bids to ensure consistency and avoid double up with commercial
and technical qualifications.
• Prepare contractual risk summaries to present to the management team as part of bid review/
• Attend client meetings as required to finalise and agree acceptable terms and conditions for
• Develop and maintain contracting principals to support Kraken bid teams
• Provide support with preparing Invitations to Tender for subcontractor services and evaluation of
proposals received for selection of subcontractors
• Develop contract summaries to ensure key contract terms are presented to and understood by
project teams and provide legal support during project execution
• Develop subcontract agreements for major projects when required, ensuring flow down of terms
from main contract terms and conditions.
• Develop standard contract templates for use by functional groups to ensure consistency across the
• Maintain accurate records of all company agreements, including property and facility agreements
• Liaise with external lawyers in domestic and foreign jurisdictions, and local authority agencies when
required to ensure compliance with legal/governmental requirements
• Develop and deliver training on contract terms and other legal issues to raise commercial/
contractual awareness across the business
• Conduct legal research to maintain current knowledge and compliance
• Provide corporate legal support including occasional support on company secretarial matters
• Assist in creating and revising policies and procedures across the Kraken Group
• Carry out other and in-house legal task as required.
What you'll need
- Prior international experience with a Marine Technology, Subsea services provider.
- Experience in offshore renewables and defence sector is highly desired.
- Previous experience in a commercial/contracting environment with strong commercial awareness and effective negotation skills are essential.
- Knowledge of standard industry contracts, such as IMCA, BIMCO and LOGIG as well as knowledge of a variety of contract documentation such as framework agreements, supply contracts, JV's, partnership, NDA's, etc.
- Understanding of contracting under Canadian/Scottish Law.
- High proficiency in various office 365 tools, including Teams and SharePoint, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to identify risks and propose alternative strategies to mitigate risks.
• Self-motivated with ability to multi-task and oversee multiple tasks simultaneously with conflicting
• Good time management, adopting a flexible approach to work.
• Ability to work successfully in a dynamic team environment across departments and locations.
• Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Strong planning, analytical, negotiation, and organizational skills.
• Strong ethical values and willingness to raise concerns to internal team members.
• Willing to contribute ideas and seek improvements and solutions committed to improving working
• Demonstrate sound judgement and good decision-making when dealing with problems.
• Ability to communicate with external stakeholders and clients whilst ensuring the company is always
represented in a professional manner.
A little bit about us
Kraken Robotic Systems Inc.
Kraken Robotic Systems Inc. is a marine technology company engaged in the design and development of advanced handling systems, sensors, software, subsea batteries, and underwater robotics for Unmanned Maritime Vehicles used in military and commercial applications. www.krakenrobotics.com
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Want to apply your skills, knowledge and expertise to push the boundaries of underwater intelligence - which help governments defend and make our oceans safe, or ensure critical offshore energy and communications infrastructure is installed and maintained efficiently? If innovation drives you, and you want a career that makes a difference, helping humanity overcome the challenges in our oceans - safely, efficiently, and sustainably - then come join us at Kraken Robotics.
Kraken offers an attractive and competitive compensation package designed to reward our team for a job well done. With locations around the world, we support remote working packages and encourage professional and cultural collaborations. Kraken is an equal opportunity employer focused on promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion and we value the diversity of our team that contributes to our company growth and development.