GEM Health Care- leaders in providing Nova Scotia's seniors with quality health care services, is currently accepting resumes for the following position at Melville Lodge, Halifax.
Position Status- Casual
Location: Halifax, NS
Job Description: A member of the interdisciplinary resident care team.
- Reliable with a good attendance record and cheerful disposition
- Personal care of residents including restorative care and the ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Maintenance of a clean and sanitary environment
- Effective communication, both written and verbal in English
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning residents, staff and organizational information
- Must take initiative and be able to work with minimal supervision
- Respectful and hardworking team player with a professional and courteous manner
- Police Check and Vulnerable Sector/Screening Request within the last 3 months is required
- CCAs will work within the NSAHO Scope of Practice
- Will be accepting RN, LPN and CCA students
- Wages based on CUPE contract.
Training & Experience:
- Standard First Aid or Basic Life Support - CPR / Choking - Adult
- Successful completion of CCA course
- Alzheimer/Palliative and WHIMIS courses
- Experience in a similar environment including palliative care is considered an asset
- Experience with Paperless charting and computer literacy required
A little bit about us