Become a member of the GEM family! We offer an inclusive and welcoming work environment with competitive benefits, a generous vacation plan and plenty of learning opportunities. At GEM we strive to provide the best care, service, and quality of life for our residents in a safe, dignified, home-like environment. From housekeeping to administering medication, our staff is both the foundation and the face of our business.
Note: Also open to RN, LPN and CCA students
Location: Melville Lodge - Halifax
What you'll do
- Provide personal hygiene, oral care, skin care, toileting, bathing, feeding, dressing and grooming
- · Maintain confidentiality concerning residents, staff and organizational information
- · Work within the NSAHO Scope of Practice
- · Provide companionship and emotional support to residents
- · Maintain a safe and clean environment, adhering to facility infection control policies
What you'll need
- Current Standard First-Aid and CPR certification
- Successful completion or enrollment in a CCA/PSW program
- Registered with the CCA Registry Effective communication, both written and verbal in English
- Physically fit/able to perform physically demanding job duties
- Reliable and punctual with a good attendance record
Halifax, NS B3P 2R3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
GEM Health Care Group
GEM Health Care Group is a Nova Scotian, family run business which has been enhancing the lives of seniors in the communities where they operate since 1979.
We continue to remain a leader in transforming how health care is delivered to seniors in Nova Scotia and we strive to provide the best care, service, and quality of life for our residents in a safe, dignified, home-like environment.
GEM currently operates various levels of seniors' care facilities throughout Nova Scotia, Ontario, and in Hollywood, Florida.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, Casual
Salary: $18-$22 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Supplemental pay types: