1. Support the Long-Term Care Population with Activities of Daily Living.
2. A Team Player
3. Knowledgeable in Behaviour Intervention and Support.
4.Able to communicate effectively with team members both orally and written.
5. Good organizational and time management skills.
6. An understanding of Palliative Care for residents and Family
7.Knowledge of Infection Prevention and Control
8. Must have basic computer skills.
Job Types: Part Time, Casual
Salary: Part Time: $27.15
Casual: $29.16 (wage includes 8.5% in lieu of benefits)
8 hour shift
Weekend work required
What you'll need
Completion of a Personal Support Worker Program that meets:
1. The standards established by the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities.
2. The standards established by the National Association of Career Colleges
3. The standards established by the Ontario Community Support Association
Must be a minimum of 600 hours in duration counting both class time and practical experience time
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
GEM Health Care Group
GEM Health Care Group is a Nova Scotian, family run business which has been enhancing the lives of seniors in the communities where they operate since 1979.
We continue to remain a leader in transforming how health care is delivered to seniors in Nova Scotia and we strive to provide the best care, service, and quality of life for our residents in a safe, dignified, home-like environment.
GEM currently operates various levels of seniors' care facilities throughout Nova Scotia, Ontario, and in Hollywood, Florida.