Become a member of the GEM family! We offer an inclusive and welcoming work environment with competitive benefits, a generous vacation plan and plenty of learning opportunities. At GEM we strive to provide the best care, service, and quality of life for our residents in a safe, dignified, home-like environment. From housekeeping to administering medication, our staff is both the foundation and the face of our business.
Note: Also open to RN, LPN and CCA students
Location: Melville Gardens - Halifax
Schedule: Part-Time Available
8- 12 hour shifts
What you'll do
· Provide personal hygiene, oral care, skin care, toileting, bathing, feeding, dressing and grooming
· Maintain confidentiality concerning residents, staff and organizational information
· Work within the NSAHO Scope of Practice
· Provide companionship and emotional support to residents
· Maintain a safe and clean environment, adhering to facility infection control policies
What you'll need
· Current Standard First-Aid and CPR certification
· Successful completion or enrollment in a CCA/PSW program
· Registered with the CCA Registry
· Effective communication, both written and verbal in English
· Physically fit/able to perform physically demanding job duties
· Reliable and punctual with a good attendance record
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
GEM Health Care Group
GEM Health Care Group is a Nova Scotian, family run business which has been enhancing the lives of seniors in the communities where they operate since 1979.
We continue to remain a leader in transforming how health care is delivered to seniors in Nova Scotia and we strive to provide the best care, service, and quality of life for our residents in a safe, dignified, home-like environment.
GEM currently operates various levels of seniors' care facilities throughout Nova Scotia, Ontario, and in Hollywood, Florida.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Salary: $18.00-$22.00 per hour
Employee assistance program
Extended health care
Paid time off