GEM Health Care is a leader in providing safe, efficient and quality care and has vacancy for the following:
Continuing Care Assistant - Part Time and Casual Positions
A CCA is a member of the interdisciplinary resident care team and works under the direction and supervision of an RN/LPN in the provision of care.
- Grade XII education or equivalent.
- Graduate of a provincially approved CCA program and/or nursing experience with willingness to obtain CCA designation within 2 years through RPL program.
- Reliable with a good attendance record and cheerful disposition.
- Must take initiative and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Respectful and hard working team player with professional and courteous manner.
- Dependable, ability to work in a team-structured environment and with good command of the English language.
- Computer literacy is an asset.
- Experience working in a Long Term Care or Home Care Setting an asset.
- Clear and satisfactory Police Record and Vulnerable Sector Check within the last 6 months.
Training & Experience:
- Successful completion of CCA/ PCW course
- Standard First Aid or Basic life Support, an asset
- Gentle Persuasive Approach
- Non-violent Crisis intervention
Wages based on UNIFOR Contract.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume quoting CCA to:
The Mira Nursing Home
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you.
A little bit about us
The Mira Long Term Care Centre