At Manifold, we are building a marketplace of cloud-based developer tools and infrastructure services. We are looking for a strong Content Marketing Manager to help us build and promote a content pipeline that will attract more service providers and platform partners to be part of our marketplace ecosystem.
We currently have 40+ services in our marketplace, but we're just getting started. We believe there are thousands of potential partners out there, including "tier one" services like Stripe, Twilio, MongoDB, and Fastly down to nascent one-developer services. We need content that helps prospects at each stage from discovery to adoption.
While you are an excellent writer, your project management skills and get-it-done attitude make you a content marketing rock star. In this role, you will execute content strategy, prioritization and social promotion. Manifold's product is defining the future of developer tools and our content needs to reflect that.
You will coordinate work across initiatives and campaigns and liaise with stakeholders across Manifold. You will create and lead content marketing strategies that foster organic growth, expand our audience, drive demand and, ultimately, impact the future growth and success of Manifold.
You will build a backlog of content that aligns with the needs of our target audiences to help drive interest in Manifold and ultimately increase the number of service providers and platforms who discover us. This will be a role that evolves from Manager/Writer to more Manager as you build out a team of freelancers, agencies, and staff to take on more of the content development. With that being said, you must be comfortable rolling up your sleeves and getting the work done when needed. That might include writing posts, editing technical articles, and scheduling social posts.
This is a new, dedicated role and a greenfield opportunity to define, create, manage and execute the Content Management function.
What you'll do
- Attract potential customers and generate awareness through well-developed content with deep industry insights such as whitepapers, ebooks and blog posts
- Increase top-level traffic and conversion rates for our target segments (developers, providers, platforms)
- Translate complex technical topics into simple marketing concepts for a diverse developer and IT business leader audiences
- Review and maintain a high level of content quality and support SEO
- Manage the full process of content development, from idea generation to implementation to analysis
- Promote newly published content and other social content through social media channels.
- Cross-team collaboration and content support for marketing programs and lead generation campaigns
- Bring passion and creativity to create engaging and inspiring content
- Hire and manage a team of writers (Freelancers, Agencies, or Staff) to develop content
What you'll need
- Strong knowledge of the developer tools and cloud infrastructure space and competitive landscape
- An exceptional, creative, and passionate writer and storyteller
- Pioneer. This is a new role for us. You're comfortable defining the role and related programs as we go
- Strong relationship skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working remotely/async in a global, distributed team
- Top-notch project management skills, ability to work under pressure and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously from start to finish
We're looking for
A little bit about us
We're a venture-backed company that is distributed around North America. Our home base is Halifax, Nova Scotia. We have a shared passion for making developers' lives easier. Our backgrounds reflect that, having worked at npm, Red Hat, Heroku, LinkedIn, Canonical, and more.
- flexible working hours
- 15 days of vacation your first year that you will be encouraged to use
- statutory/federal holidays, plus the whole company takes the last week of the year off
- yearly professional development allowance of $2,000 towards education, training, conferences, or any education tool that helps your career
- excellent health, vision, and dental insurance for you and your family that starts on your first day of work
- health and wellness allowance
- home office allowance for remote workers
- up to 16 weeks fully paid maternity or paternity leave after one year at Manifold, with additional 8 weeks of unpaid leave if necessary
- use of a laptop, large monitor, and equipment for everyone, remote or at our office
If you're in the United States, we also offer 401(k) for pre-tax retirement savings, although contributions are unmatched at this early stage in the company's growth.
We care about our code of conduct and ask all of our employees to abide by it.