PLATO is Canada's only Indigenous-led, Indigenous staffed software testing services firm. We insist on working with quality people who share our passion for quality testing, and have built a team of people who also believe quality is the most important deliverable. Our team of software testing specialists believe that better software leads to a better world.
We are committed to building strong communities - PLATO trains and employs members of First Nations, Metis, and Inuit communities across the country and strives to build a network of 1000 Indigenous software testers across Canada. PLATO has offices on or near Indigenous communities across Canada, in Fredericton, Miramichi, Sault Ste Marie, Regina, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, and Victoria.
We have ever-growing opportunities working on-site at our office in Sault Ste. Marie. If you are an intermediate or senior-level tester looking for a change of pace or an exciting new move, this is an exciting chance to experience the beauty of Northern Ontario. The region is nestled in Algoma county, surrounded by idyllic scenery native to the Canadian Shield, perfect for the outdoorsy types! Most importantly, this is a great place to grow and boost your experience in the testing industry. Come learn and grow in the Soo! Please note that this opportunity is on-site - those unwilling to relocate to Sault Ste. Marie need not apply.
What you'll do
- Perform risk-based and context-driven functional software testing
- Conduct testing to align with client test methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, BDD, etc)
- Use defect tracking and test case management systems to document test cases, record defects and record test case execution results
- Work/communicate directly with project stakeholders including Business and external Vendors and discuss defects, priority of testing activities
- Extract testing requirements from functional / business requirements and transform them to test cases
- Write detailed test plans, test cases and test status reports
What you'll need
- Computer Science degree, Engineering degree, or equivalent work experience
- Solid experience in test case/test data design, test execution, test reporting
- Great experience with Test Management tools such as ALM/QC, JIRA, gTest
- Good experience with automation tools (Selenium, QTP/UFT, Tosca, etc)
- Preference will be given to those with experience in service level API testing (SoapUI, Postman, Katalon, etc)
- Preference will be given to those with experience using Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, GitLab, etc)
- ISTQB certification or similar testing certification considered an asset
- Ability to write SQL queries
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Demonstrated experience having tested complex IT solutions
- Experience having performed System Integration testing and UAT support
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to propose practical solutions to complex problems
- Flexibility, self-motivation and the ability to give and receive feedback at all levels
- Adaptable and willing to work through challenges with a positive attitude
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships in a team oriented environment
A little bit about us
Who We Are
PLATO is a software testing and technology services company trusted by clients around the world.
In addition to providing our clients the highest quality software testing services, PLATO is creating careers in technology for First Nations, Inuit, and Métis people from coast to coast to coast through our innovative train-and-employ model. Since 1997, we have been helping organizations all over the world reach their quality objectives by delivering scalable, proven, quality-centric managed services. Companies such as Apple, Suncor, TD Bank, Medavie, BCLC, LinkedIn, Boeing, and many others have gained considerable advantage from our Quality Assurance (QA), Testing, and eLearning expertise and experience.
We deliver specialized QA services to our clients with the goal of helping them increase profitability, boost customer satisfaction, manage development cycles and implement quality-centric solutions. We develop innovative approaches and solutions, designed to generate increased efficiencies, competitive advantage, and market share for our clients.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
At PLATO, we encourage our employees' personal career growth. We have plans in place to make sure that each employee is connected with a people manager to help guide them through their professional development, offer e-learning classes, and give our employees the opportunity to pursue software certifications for cutting-edge technologies.
PLATO respectfully acknowledges that our offices are located on treaty territories, unceded First Nations and Inuit territories, and part of Métis homelands. We honour their long history of welcoming many Nations to the beautiful Turtle Island and we actively work towards reconciliation between Métis, Inuit, and First Nation peoples and non-Indigenous people on this Land.
We contribute to proactive employment practices to promote inclusivity and diversity to those especially marginalized populations such as women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples, and all other groups protected under the Human Rights Code.
We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.