United Concrete and Asphalt is recruiting a Construction Superintendent to oversee the delivery of concrete and delivery and installation of asphalt.
Reporting directly to the General Manager the position is key in the company taking the next step in it's development.
With more than a billion dollars in committed infrastructure developments for Cape Breton Island over the next decade, we are anticipating significant demand for our products.
Our operation manufactures and sells concrete and asphalt using the latest technology with a new concrete plant and a new asphalt plant. We also install asphalt for all applications, including major roadway development, industrial applications, parking lots, driveways and more.
What you'll do
- Communicating with clients and delivering on agreed-upon timelines and deliverables
- Developing and executing plans to ensure efficient use of materials ,equipment and labiur
- Optimizing productivity and minimizing costs
- Coordination of installation of asphalt
- Estimating project costs for bidding work
- Repair and upkeep of equipment
- Ensure safety regulations are followed
What you'll need
- Degree/Diploma in related sector or relevant experience
- Previous experience in concrete/construction industry, or in a supervisory role is an asset
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to motivate team members
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and the desire to seek solutions
- Proficient with Microsoft applications, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Valid drivers license
- Ability to travel within the area regularly is required
A little bit about us
United Concrete & Asphalt
Introducing United Concrete and Asphalt.
United Concrete and Asphalt is Cape Breton's newest concrete and asphalt plant.With more than a billion dollars in committed infrastructure developments for Cape Breton Island over the next decade, we are anticipating significant demand for our products and resulting growth of our operation.
Our operation manufactures and sells concrete and asphalt, and installs asphalt for all applications, including major roadway development, industrial applications, parking lots, driveways and more. Currently the asphalt and concrete plants are operational and are serving a growing customer base.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
United Concrete & Asphalt is a new operation and we are offering the successful candidate a chance to grow with us as the company enters the next stage of it's development.
The plants and equipment are all new state of the art and are posed to service a growing market on Caper Breton Island.
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. United Concrete and Asphalt is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Competitive salary is offered based upon experience