Reporting to the Site Superintendent, the Construction Site Assistant will support work on commercial and multi-residential construction jobs. This role requires a highly versatile skilled individual to work where needed. This ranges from performing general site tasks and correcting deficiencies to operating a telehandler as needed to load and unload construction materials. Working closely with the Senior Site Supervisor will be integral to the success of the site work completed.
What you'll do
- Perform general site tasks such as general carpentry work, erecting safety handrails, and small repairs.
- Conduct tasks to address and correct deficiencies.
- Operate a telehandler as needed to load and unload construction materials.
- Enforce CPML safety policies to create a safe work environment on site.
- Responsible for personal safety, as well as site safety, including safe tool use for hand and power tools.
- Review trades workmanship as directed by the Superintendent.
- Work as a member of the Project Management team, participate in project meetings and help others as required.
- Other duties as requested.
What you'll need
- A good working knowledge construction site safe work practice.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- A broad array of construction skills (wood/steel framing, envelope, drywall repair, etc).
- Physically fit, able to perform various types of physical labour including but not limited to moderate-to-heavy lifting (50lbs+). Please note: standing, crouching, kneeling, and bending is required. Loads above 50lbs may sometimes be encountered, and the employee should seek help from other personnel or lifting assist apparatus in these situations.
- Ability to effectively use power tools.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Good communicator: able to ask relevant questions and act accordingly.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
For over 30 years, the owners of Cresco, first-generation Canadians Hossein Mousavi and Taleb Abidali, and their team have built award-winning homes and communities across Halifax. The magic of this successful family-owned company is in its collaboration with customers, partners and a loyal network of builders and trades. Cresco is known for its relentless focus on quality and artistry in building homes and developing communities such as The Ravines of Bedford South and The Parks of West Bedford.
Whether building single-family homes, multi-unit residential or commercial properties, or working through master-planned developments, Cresco has a long-term perspective on land acquisition, partnerships, community building and the innovative use of design and building principles.
With over fifty industry and community awards and progressive, long-term thinking, Cresco is deeply committed to giving back, evidenced by its active participation and support of organizations such as the Cobequid Health Centre Foundation, Dalhousie Medical Research Foundation, Dartmouth General Hospital Foundation, Halifax YMCA, Nova Scotia Home Builders' Association, Urban Development Institute, Halifax Chamber of Commerce, and Family Business Atlantic. Cresco has also built lottery homes for multiple charities over the past two decades.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
By joining Cresco, you will work in an environment where team members have a shared vision, are passionate about what they do and truly care about one another. This is an exciting time at Cresco as they look to build in house expertise starting with this role. Cresco is offering a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Health, dental, vision coverage
- Life Insurance and long term disability
- Free access to virtual healthcare
- Physical wellness subsidy
- Matching RRSP Program up to 5% of earnings
- Community involvement
- Opportunity for growth