We are seeking a Computer Vision Engineer to join our development team. The successful candidate will work within our close knit team on cutting edge, disruptive technology for underwater robotics and sensors.
What you'll do
● Develop algorithms performing realtime 3D reconstructions and understanding of underwater scenes using state of the art sensing technologies
● Implement C/C++ algorithms running within a Linux stack including documenting and testing code that meets the architecture requirements
● Debug existing C/C++ algorithms, find root causes and resolve software issues
What you'll need
● Graduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or significant complimentary experience
● Proven experience writing code in C/C++ on a Unix/Linux platform
● Experience in one or both of these areas: Image Processing, Pointcloud Processing
● Strong written and oral communication skills
● Any of the following would be considered an asset:
- Experience with cameras, sensors and associated algorithm development and system integration
- Experience using Qt, OpenCV, PCL, gRPC, Googletest, Git
- Experience with Ruby, Python or Java Script
- Experience with State Estimation
- Experience with Structure from Motion concepts
- Experience programming in CUDA
- Working with open source communities
- An interest in Robotics and Underwater Technology
A little bit about us
Kraken Robotic Systems Inc.
Kraken Robotic Systems Inc. is a marine technology company engaged in the design and development of advanced handling systems, sensors, software, subsea batteries, and underwater robotics for Unmanned Maritime Vehicles used in military and commercial applications. www.krakenrobotics.com
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This position may be located at the company's office in Mount Pearl, Newfoundland or Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.