Are you a Communications practitioner driven by strategy with the skills to implement best-in-class programs? Do you want to help grow Halifax by attracting businesses and people to the city and helping them be successful here?
Join the Halifax Partnership's Marketing & Communications team, work in a bright new office with a fantastic group of 37 people who love what they do, and the city they do it in. The Partnership is Halifax's public-private economic development organization and with our many partners we mobilize and lead our community in executing Halifax's Economic Growth Plan. Together, we are working toward an ambitious long-term vision to grow Halifax's population to 550,000 and its GDP to $30 billion by 2031. In short, we help keep, grow, and get, business, talent, and investment in Halifax.
The Communications Advisor is responsible for developing and implementing communications and marketing strategies and initiatives in alignment with the Partnership's organizational business plan targets.
This role supports the activities of the Senior Management Team and partner departments by providing communications advice, consultation and assistance on corporate projects and initiatives, particularly as they relate to Investment Attraction and Investor Relations work. Key areas of responsibility include communications, stakeholder engagement, content creation, project management and marketing.
What you'll do
- Plan, execute and evaluate marketing and communications strategies and initiatives in alignment with the Partnership's organizational business plan targets, with a specific focus on investment attraction, international partnerships and investor relations initiatives
- Coordinate and manage Sell Halifax in-market missions
- Project manage various initiatives including coordinating design elements, editing materials, coordinating production and distribution, managing suppliers, budget and delivery timelines.
- Plan, write, edit, and publish various materials, including corporate communications, scripts, speeches, announcements, and content.
- Communications lead for the implementation of a new CRM system for the organization.
- Manage the Mayor's Celebrate Business visitation program
- Ensure consistent brand integrity across all communications and marketing efforts and channels
- Manage media relations (as required)
- Manage Investor engagement through various communications efforts including Investor sales and marketing materials, newsletters, content, engagements and briefings
- Support writing and editing of private sector investment proposals
- Foster and maintain relationships with local, national and international partners, investors, vendors, and other key stakeholders
- Identify opportunities for collaboration across teams and ensure excellence in stakeholder relations and service
What you'll need
- You have a post-secondary degree or diploma in Communications, Public Relations, or a related field
- You bring a minimum of five years of experience with a sound working knowledge of professional communications techniques and practice with proven experience in executing integrated communications plans including communications, marketing, media relations and social media
- You use your exceptional writing skills to reach and engage diverse audiences, including storytelling, presentation skills and speech writing and you rely on your organizational, planning, analytical and project management skills to keep your projects on track
- You have a strong ability to set and achieve communications targets and measurements including data analytics (Google Analytics)
- You bring a proven ability to deal professionally and effectively with all stakeholders including business leaders, funders, and the media
- You have advanced knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, Survey Monkey, and database management.
- Experience with Salesforce and Pardot is considered an asset
We're looking for
A little bit about us
The Halifax Partnership is Halifax's public-private economic development organization. The Partnership drives and accelerates economic growth by selling and marketing Halifax to the world, helping businesses reach their full potential and tracking Halifax's economic progress. The Partnership's network of over 100 influential and globally connected partners are committed to building a thriving, prosperous Halifax. www.halifaxpartnership.com.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
If you're looking to bring your skills and experience to one of Halifax's most dynamic organizations please apply electronically by August 13, 2019 by clicking on the Apply Now button and include cover letter, resume and salary expectations to:
Karen Reinhardt, CPA CA
Director, Corporate Services
1675 Grafton Street, Suite 701,North Tower, Halifax, NS B3J 0E9