At Events East Group, we proudly manage and operate the Halifax Convention Centre, Scotiabank Centre, and Ticket Atlantic. Our facilities and the events we attract are platforms for prosperity. Whether we're attracting large delegations or hosting an elite group of athletes for an international competition, we are a catalyst for new opportunities and connections between Nova Scotia and the world.
We are now inviting applications for the position of Commis (Second and First Cooks).
The focus of these roles is to assist in all aspects of food preparation. Commis work as part of a world-class culinary team that prepares a from-scratch menu highlighting local products and talent
- Certificate or Diploma from a recognized culinary program
- At least 1 year of related experience
- Reliable, friendly individuals with strong attention to detail and high standards of personal hygiene and grooming with regard to food safety
- Comfortable working as part of a team
- Able to work standing for long periods of time, perform repetitive tasks, lift up to 50lbs, push or pull wheeled equipment
- Must be legally permitted to work in Canada
- Should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Excellent customer service skills when interacting with clients
- Must be available to work varying shifts including, evenings, weekends, and holidays
Benefits of joining our team:
- Competitive hourly wages (comprehensive benefits available upon enrolment in the bargaining unit)
- Full uniform provided
- On-the-job training with skilled professionals and state-of-the-art equipment
- Coaching and mentorship for individuals interested in completing cooking certifications
- All appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) is provided
This is a bargaining unit position represented by Unifor Local 4005 Union. All internal candidates have been considered, and we now encourage external applicants to apply.
Events East is committed to a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity, and is representative, at ll job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons, and persons from the LGBTQ+ community. We encourage applicants to self-identify.
Applicants are advised testing may be a component of the selection process. Any applicant invited to participate in testing or an interview and those who require accommodation should discuss their needs, in confidence, with the Recruiter when selected.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit resume via Career Beacon
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information, please visit our website at www.eventseast.com
A little bit about us
We manage and operate the Halifax Convention Centre, Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic. Created as part of a government partnership between the Province of Nova Scotia and Halifax Regional Municipality, we work in collaboration with them to manage our business in a responsible and transparent manner.
We were established in 2014 through legislation to operate, maintain and manage the activities of the Halifax Convention Centre in a manner that will promote and develop economic development, tourism and industry in the Province generally, and the Municipality.
Effective April 1, 2017, our mandate expanded to include the continued management and operations of Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic, formerly under Trade Centre Limited (TCL).
Our facilities and the events we attract are platforms for prosperity. Whether we’re attracting large delegations or hosting an elite group of athletes for an international competition, we are a catalyst for new opportunities and connections between Nova Scotia and the world.
MISSION: WE CONNECT THE WORLD TO NOVA SCOTIA BY CREATING MEMORABLE EVENT EXPERIENCES.
VISION: OUR PEOPLE AND OUR COMMUNITY MAKE US THE FAVOURED EVENT DESTINATION FOR OUR GUESTS.