NBCC is currently seeking dynamic and competent individuals for the casual positions of Subject Matter Experts to lead our summer camp(s). College 4 Kids is a summer camp like no other, with fun teamwork and confidence building activities delivered in a highly active environment.
When you work at NBCC, you are a valued team member of a community of leaders who are driven by learning excellence and by our important role in social and economic development.
The camps run from Monday to Friday and are offered in July. Camps will only run if enrollment numbers are satisfied. The camps being offered at NBCC Miramichi this summer are:
- Kids Under Construction (July 9-13)
- Animation Camp (July 9-13)
- Video Game Design Camp (July 23-27)
- Sirens for Safety Camp (July 23-27)
What you'll do
Reporting to the Business Development Manager or Department Head, as the Subject Matter Expert, you are responsible for maintaining a positive learning environment; and planning, organizing and delivering the training activities. You will prepare appropriate individual and team activities and supervise students in a classroom and/or lab setting.
To be successful, you will have a passion for passing on knowledge and skills to others and possess experience relevant to the topic of the camp that you are interested in facilitating. The successful candidates will be team players, accountable, and committed to developing others.
What you'll need
Required qualifications for this opportunity must include experience and training in the area of expertise to deliver the program. Candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal record check (vulnerable sector) and have knowledge in Occupational Health and Safety.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet these qualifications on their resumes.
Written and spoken competence in English is required.
Preference may be given to candidates with who have experience working with youth.
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered as equivalent. Subject to competition response, the minimum qualifications may be raised.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada at the time of application. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level. We promote an equal opportunity work environment.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
New Brunswick Community College (NBCC)
With six Campuses across the province, New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) transforms lives and communities across New Brunswick and contributes to the social and economic prosperity of our province.
Why work with NBCC?
- You want to make a difference. By working at NBCC, you can support students in achieving their educational and career aspirations, help meet the needs of employers and contribute to stronger communities across New Brunswick.
- You want to belong to something bigger. NBCC welcomes the individual experiences and perspectives of our learners, our staff and our partners. We nurture a culture of belonging where everyone feels valued and has opportunities to add value. NBCC is an equal opportunity employer building a dynamic team that is representative of the communities and industries that we serve.
- We're one of the best places to work in Atlantic Canada. For three years in a row, we have been named one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers because of our commitment to families, community service and employee engagement. This includes, paid time off to volunteer, comprehensive benefits packages and professional development opportunities.
Think you belong here? Apply to NBCC today.
Application Helpful Tips (pdf)
Are you interested?
Work With Us
All interested candidates must submit a detailed application and resume online, by May 21, 2018. All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.