Prestige Homes has been manufacturing beautiful and functional modular homes since 1973 from our manufacturing facility in Sussex, New Brunswick. Our solid and long-standing reputation brought us into The Shaw Group of companies in 1999.
We are currently seeking a CNC Programmer to join our team.
We've built over 13,000 homes. We've translated that experience into a better end product. By listening to our customers and listening to our employees we build homes that last a lifetime.
But for us, it's more than that. It's about creating something we're proud of.
Are you interested in working in a fast-paced environment and do you enjoy helping people?
What you'll do
- Operate hand tools and precision measuring devices
- Read and interpret production documentation including blueprints
- Maintain production schedules
- Recognize and communicate areas to improve, to the lead-hands
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Reviewing design blueprints in order to create instructions for machine operators
- Modifying previously written programs in order to achieve increased efficiencies
- Analyzing and selecting speeds and cutting tools for programs
- Checking completed programs by running simulations
- Compiling with all safety rules and regulations
What you'll need
- Capable of operating various CNC machines relevant to this trade (Diploma or degree in CNC machining would be considered an asset)
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and good understanding of part specifications
- Knowledge of machining principals, tooling, fixtures, and tool set up to produce precision parts to shape parts in accordance with safety, quality, and operations standards
- Mozaik software experience would be considered an asset
- Competence in operation of 3 axis router table
- Ability to program machines with conversational programming controls as well as knowledge of G and M code format.
- Must have knowledge of cabinet manufacturing (Knowledge of the manufacturing industry would be considered an asset.)
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment. (Have a positive attitude)
- Strong computer skills
- Strong and accurate math skills
- Ability to follow written instructions in English
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Prestige Homes has been manufacturing beautiful and functional modular homes since 1973, from our manufacturing facility located in Sussex, New Brunswick. This is where our skilled employees precision-engineer modules (sections) of homes to be delivered to the home site, where they are then fitted together and roofing, siding, drywall and flooring are installed.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We offer a competitive wage, comprehensive benefits (including a pension plan), the opportunity to grow and develop with the company, and a safe work environment. Located in Sussex, NB, Prestige Homes is proud to be a member of The Shaw Group Limited, one of Canada's 50- Best Managed Companies, and an employer of choice in the Maritimes.
If this sounds like the type of company you would like to work for and you have the necessary skills we would like to talk to you, please send your cover letter and résume or visit www.shawgroupltd.com/careers to apply online.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The Shaw Group is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion which celebrates the successes that comes from a team diverse in expertise, experiences, and perspectives.
We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, welcoming all ethnicities, religions, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability, or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.