The Chapman Group is happy to support our client, Laura Gatien & Associates, in recruiting a Clinical Director.
Laura Gatien and Associates is a private therapy practice committed to removing barriers to mental health treatment. We've recently created an arm of the practice known as JUST US, a charitable, non-profit organization, to focus on the outreach, strategy and fundraising needed to improve and grow low-cost and Free Friday counselling programs.
The Clinical Director is responsible for organizational effectiveness and efficiency for the operations of Laura Gatien & Associates clinical therapy practice. This includes providing strategic and operational leadership regarding day-to-day operations, efficiencies, human resources, administration, and the physical clinical locations and charity.
Direct reports include the program manager, office manager and administrative employees. Reports to the CEO.
What you'll do
Key areas of responsibility include:
▪ Oversight of operations and client experience
▪ Collaborate with CEO to plan operational activities and set strategic goals
▪ Oversee operational standards and implement quality assurance checks for all aspects of operations
▪ Understand and take an active role in improving business commitment to the community via charity Just Us.
▪ Complete paperwork required for clinical leads, government paperwork, operational processes, and executive reporting
▪ Plan and operate within the approved budget
▪ Other duties as required
▪ Maintain a small clinical caseload
▪ Perform on-site clinical counseling services to clients in accordance with company policies.
▪ Responsible for providing direct supervision to the clinicians based on clinical best practices
▪ Seeks opportunities to develop evidence-based curriculum and expand programs and services which support our mission and to meet the needs of clients and address gaps in treatment services in the community
▪ Responsible for clinical program development in specialty mental health areas
▪ Leads group debriefs to address clinical issues
▪ Provide clinical oversight and decision-making in complex cases
▪ Provides in-house training on current clinical issues and best practices to team members
▪ Regular auditing of clinical reporting to ensure alignment with regulatory body practices
▪ Assists with problem-solving and troubleshooting regarding client care
▪ Lead the management team including the program manager & office manager.
▪ Provide guidance, oversight, feedback, support, and leadership to the team, including Supervisors, Associates, Administrators, and Onboarding Coordinator.
▪ Oversee human resources needs for the organization, including recruitment and making hiring decisions, onboarding, performance management, conflict management, employee engagement
▪ Build and maintain positive relationships with clients and staff
▪ Foster a positive, inclusive and collaborative working environment that supports the organization's mission and values
▪ Facilitate effective communication and information sharing among staff.
▪ Ensure all staff have proper training and provide opportunities for growth and development.
▪ Hold staff meetings and debriefs to provide opportunity for planning and to identify needs for training, projects, ongoing issues, etc.
▪ Actively promote the health and safety of all personnel
Policies and Procedures:
▪ Drive process improvements and optimization efforts, and act as change agent as necessary to implement operational best practices to benefit the practice and its clients
▪ Regularly review and recommend updates to existing policies and procedures
▪ Develop and incorporate key performance indicators and accountability measures for the team
▪ Improve upon clinical and administrative metrics
What you'll need
● Master's degree in counseling or social work is an asset.
● Experience in a private practice setting both as a clinician and in a supervisory role
● Strategic planner/thinker and have the ability to execute on initiatives
● Excellent interpersonal, organizational, leadership, mentorship, mediation and technical skills
● Time management and ability to prioritize various responsibilities appropriately
● Ability to lead teams and influence people
● Demonstrate flexibility and thrive in a constantly changing, fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
● High level of integrity
We're looking for
A little bit about us
The Chapman Group
We are happy to support our client with this recruitment.