Closing Date: November 27, 2023 at 4:00 PM
OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR
The Office of the Registrar provides front-line client service support to our academic community, current and former students as well as alumni. The Office of the Registrar is a core service unit that supports the academic mission of the university.
WHAT WE OFFER
Full-time | Continuing | Fredericton | On-Campus
Standard Work Hours: Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
Salary Range: $22.68 - $26.33 per hour
Reporting to the Associate Registrar (Records & Registration Services), the Clerk PL4 (Client Services Representative) works as part of a team of Client Service Representatives directly responsible for the information and service aspect of the Registrar's Office. The Clerk PL4 is responsible for performing duties related to records and registration services for our students following university policy and regulations and provides main client service supports within the Registrar's Office.
- Provide service by email, telephone and in person at the main student service center.
- Provide accurate information to assist students in the use of the online registration system.
- Provide back up to our transcript services and update student records. Troubleshoot any student account issues.
- Process government documentation (CPP Declaration, Disability Benefits, E.I., exchange programs etc.)
- Liaise with academic faculty personnel to verify student data, as required.
- Produce Confirmation of Enrolment letters, Educational Trust Fund verifications, Graduation Confirmation letters, and any Special letter requests.
- Process employment hire checks by organizations and letters of permission/Off-Campus Study requests.
- Process fees for Special letters and track any charges required for student account submissions.
- Assist with diploma replacements, certified true copies of diplomas, and the coordination of pickups.
- Process both incoming and outgoing mail and courier requests, as needed.
- Provide administrative backup for service areas within the Records & Registration Unit and Systems Unit, as required.
- Assist on special projects and perform other related duties, as required.
WHAT YOU BRING
- University Degree.
- 3 years of related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated experience with processes in a customer service working environment.
- Experience working with the public in a team environment and demonstrated abilities to work as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize, multi-task and organize work.
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Data entry/keyboarding, Internet literacy with the use of a variety of Web Browsers.
- Experience with an enterprise computing system, such as Colleague (Datatel), is a strong asset.
- Adobe Acrobat, Entrinsik Informer, and Footprints skills are also considered assets.
A little bit about us
University of New Brunswick
The University of New Brunswick employs more than 3,200 full- and part-time staff, including faculty, support staff and students. UNB values people and we have proudly been named as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2024 and one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers for 2023.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
WHY CHOOSE UNB?
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
SECRETARIES, ACCOUNTANTS, LIBRARY ASSISTANTS AND CLERKS (SALAC)
This position is part of the UNIFOR, Local 4504 employee group and falls under the SALAC Collective Agreement.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
We thank all who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.