Closing Date: February 15, 2024 at 4:00 PM
STUDENT AFFAIRS & SERVICES: CONFERENCE SERVICES
Conference Services is an entrepreneurial division of Student Affairs and Services (SAS) that provides meeting, event and accommodation facilities and services to internal and external clients, the proceeds from which help to fund student services, programs, and facilities. Our team is focused on best-in-class service to clients across five business units: Accommodations, Central Booking Office, Wu Conference Centre, Conference Management Services, and Special Events, all of which are supported by both our Sales & Marketing team and our Administration team.
WHAT WE OFFER
Full-time | 3-Year Term | Saint John | On-Campus
Standard Work Hours: Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
Additional Working Conditions:
- Occasional evening and weekend work required for events.
- Occasional travel between campuses for events.
Salary Range: $39,425 - $49,283 per annum
Reporting to the Director of Conference Services, the Client Services Coordinator works primarily within the Central Booking unit providing front-line service to internal and external clients looking to book space for meetings and events on campus. This position works closely with the Director and Manager, Finance & Operations, to process invoices, track files and perform other administrative functions for Conference Services.
- Provide front-line service to all internal and external clients booking space on campus.
- Provide back-up and assistance for space booking and event logistics for other UNB campuses and sites.
- Coordinate all event approvals for outdoor space, filming on campus, fundraising, events involving animals, and other complex events or events that involve risk mitigation and/or other departments.
- Collaborate with service delivery providers to ensure all services are delivered in line with expectations.
- Direct all incoming letter mail, emails, phone calls and walk-ins to the correct team member.
- Distribute, negotiate, and keep information on file for client contracts and confirmations.
- Collaborate with the Conference Services team to triage requests and delegate responsibility for booking.
- Ensure all financial information is entered accurately and updated immediately in space booking software so that invoices may be processed accurately and efficiently.
- Actively engage in the development and implementation of procedures related to administering campus space policy and running the central booking unit.
- Issue quotes and contracts related to meeting room bookings and associated services.
- Maintain knowledge of all bookable spaces on all campuses and their related amenities, special policies, and appropriate use.
- Work on-site before and at events to ensure best-in-class service is delivered to our clients.
- Offer practical solutions in day-to-day challenges which demonstrates an understanding of business objectives and the collegiate conferencing industry.
- Assist with preparing and maintaining client files, contracts, and requirements.
- Other duties as required.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Post Secondary Education in Business Administration, Hospitality & Tourism or a related field.
- 3 years of experience in Client Services.
- 1 year of experience in a complex business environment.
- A University Degree in a related field is considered a strong asset.
- Previous experience in an office environment, planning meetings and conventions is considered a strong asset.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to process high volumes of work while maintaining a friendly demeanor.
- Strong collaboration, communication, persuasion, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work with tact and diplomacy.
- Knowledge of the classroom/space make up of both Fredericton & Saint John campuses is considered an asset.
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
University of New Brunswick
The University of New Brunswick employs more than 3,200 full- and part-time staff, including faculty, support staff and students. UNB values people and we have proudly been named as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2024 and one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers for 2023.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
WHY CHOOSE UNB?
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
PROFESSIONAL & TECHNICAL STAFF UNION (PTSU)
This position is part of the PSAC, Local 60551 employee group and falls under the PTSU Collective Agreement.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
The University of New Brunswick and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551 are committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
We thank all who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.