PLATO is Canada's only Indigenous-led, Indigenous staffed software testing services firm. We insist on working with quality people who share our passion for quality testing, and have built a team of people who also believe quality is the most important deliverable. Our team of software testing specialists believe that better software leads to a better world.
We are committed to building strong communities - PLATO trains and employs members of First Nations, Metis, and Inuit communities across the country and strives to build a network of 1000 Indigenous software testers across Canada. PLATO has offices on or near Indigenous communities across Canada, in Fredericton, Miramichi, Sault Ste Marie, Regina, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, and Victoria.
We are growing across Canada and are currently looking for an experienced Client Account Manager to join our company!
What you'll do
- Demonstrate strong leadership and people management skills with the ability to strategically influence clients
- Provide testing direction, support and expertise to clients within the scope of accountability
- Drive adoption of modern testing approaches and techniques to ensure excellent quality standards while delivering with velocity
- Lead the development and continuous improvement of both the client engagement and delivery practices, working closely with the internal PQA management team to build effective mechanisms for the delivery of QA and testing services
- Provide regular account management to clients to keep them informed of the status of the engagement and identify need for changes in terms of service delivery model, resourcing needs, approved schedules, costs, etc.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of customer satisfaction levels and take corrective actions to address concerns
- Foster a culture of positivity and continued growth to ensure a strong team, good employee retention and high employee morale
- Coach and mentor diverse teams through the establishment of project goals, individual goals and regular performance reviews to build high-performing teams
- Provide technical expertise and thought leadership for improved quality delivery
- Support recruiting efforts through interviews and active pursuit of testing professionals
- Facilitate regular team and customer meetings to review progress, milestones and goals
- Manage project resourcing including staffing, forecasting, time tracking, and invoicing
What you'll need
- University degree in a technology-related field or experiential equivalent
- 15+ years of progressive IT experience
- 8+ years in a supervisory or management capacity
- 5+ years of Canadian IT experience
- Experience managing the delivery of IT (QA preferred) services in complex, integrated environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Who We Are
PLATO is a software testing and technology services company trusted by clients around the world.
In addition to providing our clients the highest quality software testing services, PLATO is creating careers in technology for First Nations, Inuit, and Métis people from coast to coast to coast through our innovative train-and-employ model. Since 1997, we have been helping organizations all over the world reach their quality objectives by delivering scalable, proven, quality-centric managed services. Companies such as Apple, Suncor, TD Bank, Medavie, BCLC, LinkedIn, Boeing, and many others have gained considerable advantage from our Quality Assurance (QA), Testing, and eLearning expertise and experience.
We deliver specialized QA services to our clients with the goal of helping them increase profitability, boost customer satisfaction, manage development cycles and implement quality-centric solutions. We develop innovative approaches and solutions, designed to generate increased efficiencies, competitive advantage, and market share for our clients.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
At PLATO, we encourage our employees' personal career growth. We have plans in place to make sure that each employee is connected with a people manager to help guide them through their professional development, offer e-learning classes, and give our employees the opportunity to pursue software certifications for cutting-edge technologies.
PLATO respectfully acknowledges that our offices are located on treaty territories, unceded First Nations and Inuit territories, and part of Métis homelands. We honour their long history of welcoming many Nations to the beautiful Turtle Island and we actively work towards reconciliation between Métis, Inuit, and First Nation peoples and non-Indigenous people on this Land.
We contribute to proactive employment practices to promote inclusivity and diversity to those especially marginalized populations such as women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples, and all other groups protected under the Human Rights Code.
We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.