The Chapman Group
The Chapman Group is happy to support one of our amazing clients, McGuire Chocolate Company, in finding a Chocolatier to join their team.
At McGuire Chocolate, our passion for chocolate was born out of a food philosophy for simple and flavourful ingredients. Located in beautiful St. Andrews with a café and store front on iconic Water Street, McGuire Chocolate is known for our bean to bar chocolate, ice cream, bread, and baked goods. Like the McGuire Chocolate team, our food ingredient lists are small and mighty; for over 6 years, we have been evolving and honing our craft with a focus on preparing a simple and high-quality product from the inside out and are looking to expand our team.
What you'll do
- Responsible for all manufactured goods; chocolate, ice cream, baked goods
- Process cacao beans; sort, roast, winnow, grind, block and store
- Temper chocolate into bars, truffles and other finished products
- Preparation of baked goods and other pastry items
- Preparing ingredients according to set recipes
- Develop and create new recipes for seasonal or limited time menus
- Ensure established food and product quality standards are met
- Operate kitchen equipment; troubleshoot and arrange for repairs when needed
- Execute production schedules in alignment with management team
- Monitor and track inventory levels, provide input to the requisition food and kitchen supplies
- Ensure health and safety standards of excellence are closely followed; be aware of food health and safety regulations
What you'll need
- Chocolate professional with chocolatier or chocolate making experience
- Experience working in the food and or hospitality industry
- Experience as a chocolatier, chocolate maker, baker, and or pastry chef
- Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial mindset and passionate about success
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving abilities
- High energy person with a positive 'can-do' attitude
- Ability to work full-time including variable hours (early mornings, evenings, weekends and or holidays)
- Minimum high school or GED, post-secondary considered an asset
- Experience managing or supervising a team considered an asset
We're looking for
A little bit about us
The Chapman Group
Are you interested?
Work With Us
As a small business, we identify with strong family values and understand the importance of spending quality time with the ones you love. As an employee of McGuire Chocolate, you can expect to be treated like a member of our family in addition to receiving the following:
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedules
- Health and wellness allowance and initiatives
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Annual performance and salary review
- Promotion opportunities
- Supportive people and team-focused environment
- Oh, and chocolate. Sooo much chocolate!
We thank all applicants for their interest in our business and this role, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.